Can't boot from clone

Author
Gregfox151
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Can anyone tell me how I can get a clone to boot?
The cloning operation was successful, but when I tried to boot from the clone, I received an error stating there was no operating system on the disk.
I suspect this may be a MBR issue, but I really need this disk to boot. I'm using V7.

Thank you.
Edited 11 June 2021 4:25 PM by Gregfox151
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)
Have you tried using the Fix Boot Problems wizard available in the bootable Rescue Media?  Can you post a screenshot showing the partition layouts of the source and destination disks after the clone completes?  And how is the destination disk connected to the PC at the moment?  Windows will not boot from a disk that is connected via USB, for example.  (And it's not a big deal, but for future threads, there is a separate section of the forum for Reflect V7 with the same subcategories.  Just scroll past the V8 sections.)

Edited 11 June 2021 4:31 PM by jphughan
Gregfox151
Gregfox151
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Thank you, 
I upgraded to V8.
When I Select the Restore menu, I do not see 'Fix Windows boot problems'.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (14K reputation)
It’s only available in the bootable Rescue Media environment, not in Reflect running within full Windows. It will be in the left-hand sidebar.
Edited 11 June 2021 5:35 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search