Anyone here use MR 8 to image SD cards for a Raspberry PI? Specifically Raspbian for a PiHole?

Author
Rootman
Talented Member
Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)Talented Member (146 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Every few weeks I mount a spare SD card in a reader and plug it into my PI and use VNC to the PI to make a duplicate of my system SD.  II use the Raspbian SD card copier utility.  t's slow as molasses taking upwards of 2 hours, and fails mysteriously once in a while.  

I was excited to see MR 8 supported removable media.  I in fact made a backup of my SD which took minutes and gives me a backup that I can store offsite more readily.  

Anyone else do this?  I've yet to test a restoration (just been lazy). And wondered if anyone has and if it works OK or if 'm just wasting my time doing this. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search