Font Size in Rescue USB Stick

Author
OldMike69
New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On the latest version 8.0.5963  paid version that I have you folks have changed the font size to a very tiny front !!! I see no way to increase the size.  Would you please fix this issue ASAP!!!  Was hoping your last update would but it did nothing to address this problem. 
Mike....

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
OldMike69 - 8 June 2021 3:50 PM
On the latest version 8.0.5963  paid version that I have you folks have changed the font size to a very tiny front !!! I see no way to increase the size.  Would you please fix this issue ASAP!!!  Was hoping your last update would but it did nothing to address this problem. 
Mike....

Hi Mike,

The font typeface and point size is the Windows standard, is the same as Reflect v5, v, v6 & v7.x  and all native Win32 applications. 

Please see screenshots here, and also see the section: "If the typeface is perceived as too small then the Windows 10 setting 'Make Everything Bigger' should be used to make all native Windows application properly scaled".:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/v8+User+Interface+Fonts

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

OldMike69
OldMike69
New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)
Nick - 8 June 2021 4:03 PM
Mike....

Hi Mike,

The font typeface and point size is the Windows standard, is the same as Reflect v5, v, v6 & v7.x  and all native Win32 applications. 

Please see screenshots here, and also see the section: "If the typeface is perceived as too small then the Windows 10 setting 'Make Everything Bigger' should be used to make all native Windows application properly scaled".:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/v8+User+Interface+Fonts

That is not true, sorry to disagree .....in all my other versions of Reflect,  when I made the Rescue USB the fonts were always fine, and NOT tiny and hard to read like they are now ....  I have not changed anything on my Windows PC. Running the latest version with the latest update.  Pro version.  As soon as I installed your latest release ....then updated my Rescue usb .....the fonts are now very small.  Nothing I can do to make them back to a normal size.  At least that I've found so far.  I've been using MR for many years ....paid for everyone of them.  Not the free versions.  I even have paid support until 2022 .....  You folks changed something in this latest update.  

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Can you perhaps post a screenshot of your Rescue interface? There’s a camera icon in the Rescue environment taskbar for this purpose, and screenshots are often valuable for demonstrating problems of this nature. The version of WinPE/RE you’re using may also be relevant here, and if you’re using WinRE, that platform can change outside of Reflect’s control due to changes within your Windows environment.
Edited 9 June 2021 12:53 PM by jphughan
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Mike....

Apologies Mike, I misread and didn't see that it was your USB stick that you're having problems with. You clearly can't use the 'Make Everything Bigger' option in Windows,  however, it is absolutely  the same font size and typeface as v7, so if you really are seeing a different font,  then can you please  provide a screen shot as describe by @jphughan? Thanks

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

OldMike69
OldMike69
jphughan - 9 June 2021 12:51 PM
Can you perhaps post a screenshot of your Rescue interface? There’s a camera icon in the Rescue environment taskbar for this purpose, and screenshots are often valuable for demonstrating problems of this nature. The version of WinPE/RE you’re using may also be relevant here, and if you’re using WinRE, that platform can change outside of Reflect’s control due to changes within your Windows environment.

Ok I'll try to explain it another way ..   My default resolution  is 2560 x 1440  on Windows 10 Pro, BUT I use 1920 X 1080 resolution., always have.  Reflect usb is only choosing the 2560 x 1440 Res.   Gives me no other choice.
Is there a way I can make the usb stick at least give me 2 choices for the resolution it uses??    Like I said I've never had this issue before until I updated to version 8.0  Its always used my resolution of 1920 x 1080. 

I'm using WinRE  ....always have and its Reflect default choice, and always has been

Edited 9 June 2021 1:13 PM by OldMike69
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Yes WinRE is the default choice, but even if you never changed that, it doesn’t mean WinRE is a consistent platform — in fact it is expressly NOT that. Using WinRE causes Rescue Media to be built using files from your Windows Recovery partition, and Windows itself can and does update that. Windows 10 feature updates will typically update the WinRE environment to the new kernel, and sometimes drivers you install into full Windows can end up in your WinRE environment. My system’s touchpad drivers are in there even though I never specifically did that, as just one example.

And that’s why I asked which specific release of WinRE you are using, such as WinRE 10 2004 or whatever.
Edited 9 June 2021 1:16 PM by jphughan
OldMike69
OldMike69
I don't think a screenshot is necessary ....after I my last post .....can do one if needed but don't see why it would be after my last post.  

OldMike69
OldMike69
jphughan - 9 June 2021 1:14 PM
Yes WinRE is the default choice, but even if you never changed that, it doesn’t mean WinRE is a consistent platform — in fact it is expressly NOT that. Using WinRE causes Rescue Media to be built using files from your Windows Recovery partition, and Windows itself can and does update that. Windows 10 feature updates will typically update the WinRE environment to the new kernel, and sometimes drivers you install into full Windows can end up in your WinRE environment. My system’s touchpad drivers are in there even though I never specifically did that, as just one example.

And that’s why I asked which specific release of WinRE you are using, such as WinRE 10 2004 or whatever.

The release that Reflect is using right now is the latest one, as after upgrading to version 8.0  I updated the usb stick, and it created a new build.  then overwrote my existing MR's usb stick  with a new build. 

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Well for one thing it would display the WinRE version along the title bar, which has nothing to do with your Reflect version. I figured that since you’re the one requesting assistance with your issue here, you might be motivated to provide information that others who are willing to help are requesting in order to do that, rather than spending more time than it would have taken to do that arguing about whether it would be useful. But to each his own. Best of luck.
Edited 9 June 2021 1:32 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search