Macrium Agent Service not coming online

Author
Greg
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sorry, I initially posted this in the installation forum for Macrium 8 where this should be in the Site Manager section. Below is a copy/paste of my original post hopefully now in the correct forum.

After upgrading Site Manager to 8.0.5934 I have approximately 16 out of 50 PC's that the Macrium Agent Service does not automatically start after a reboot. As a result these workstations appear disconnected and will not follow their backup schedule until running a powershell command to remotely enable the service. I have verified that the affected workstations do have the service set to start automatically, and have not found anything in the event logs stating why it is failing to start.
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)Macrium Representative (515 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Greg - 4 June 2021 3:59 PM
Sorry, I initially posted this in the installation forum for Macrium 8 where this should be in the Site Manager section. Below is a copy/paste of my original post hopefully now in the correct forum.

After upgrading Site Manager to 8.0.5934 I have approximately 16 out of 50 PC's that the Macrium Agent Service does not automatically start after a reboot. As a result these workstations appear disconnected and will not follow their backup schedule until running a powershell command to remotely enable the service. I have verified that the affected workstations do have the service set to start automatically, and have not found anything in the event logs stating why it is failing to start.

Hi Greg,

I have seen a couple of cases where the Agent service does not start up with the system, this has been on very slow VMs with IO issues and our analysis was that some part of Windows was timing out and not attempting to start the service. The c:\ProgramData\Macrium\SiteManager\agent.log file should contain the timestamp of the last attempted service start. 

It might also be worth changing the service startup type to "Automatic (Delayed Start)" on one or two of the problem agents in case there's some issue with the service startup sequencing in Windows

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...