32-bit V8 rescue media - Restore Summary display truncated on 1200x800 resolution tablet PC (may...

32-bit V8 rescue media - Restore Summary display truncated on 1200x800...
Author
BlackCat
Talented Member
Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Note: The tablet PC in question can only run 32-bit Windows (due to limited RAM) and it runs the rescue media in portait mode (800x1200), which cannot be changed. The problem may also apply to 64-bit rescue media but I can't test it on my tablets.

When testing the 32-bit Win10 PE rescue media on the tablet PC, when you get to the Restore Summary screen, the window is too wide to fit on the display (which is in portrait mode, remember). You can drag the window to the left in order to see and drag the "window re-size" icon on the bottom right-hand side of the Restore Summary screen, but you can't actually resize it - the icon is not "grab-able". As can be seen in the screenshot:

the Restore Summary window has no scroll bars either, preventing the window from being scrolled in order to see the right hand side. As a result, you can't get to see the "Finish" button (see attached screenshot). You can tab across the Back, Cancel and (hopefully) Finish buttons but you have to do it blindly and hope for the best. It does seem to work after you manage to select Finish but it's not ideal.

I've logged a support call for the problem.  If anyone is able to test this on a 64-bit tablet then that might avoid problems for someone else at later date?

Bree
Bree
New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)
I have the same problem with the x64 v8 rescue media when on a laptop using 1024x600 resolution. The bottom of the window is cut off, and as there's no scroll bar the 'Next' and 'Finish' buttons are unreachable.

This was not a problem in v7 where that window was smaller.

Edited 4 June 2021 10:41 PM by Bree
BlackCat
BlackCat
Talented Member
Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)

Thanks for testing this, Bree.  I've added your findings to the support ticket.

Bree
Bree
New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)
BlackCat - 4 June 2021 10:48 PM

Thanks for testing this, Bree.  I've added your findings to the support ticket.

As it happens, I had already tested this when alerted to the problem by a member of another forum. Then I came here to see if it had been reported yet - and found your thread Smile

Edited 4 June 2021 11:04 PM by Bree
Bree
Bree
The update to v8.0.5963 has fixed this issue for me. After rebuilding the rescue media, when booting the same machine as I used for my screenshot above I can see all the buttons.

BlackCat
BlackCat
Talented Member
Same here with the 32-bit rescue media - all working properly now.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search