No Emails on Recent Upgrade to Ver 8

Author
rwrider
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have checked my "Email Settings and Defaults" for the correct Email Server settings. The "Send test email" works. However, I get no email notifications on successful completion of any imaging job. This was working before. Something has broken this. AND, another point to mention is where I noticed somewhere in docs, that if I wanted multiple email address, I would separate the address with a semi-colon ( ; ).
rwrider
rwrider
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
I am going to add some observations to this post on version 8 of Reflect. The email default settings for email notifications are correct with the choice of email notifications. Clicking "TEST EMAIL sends correctly

However, viewing the XML file shows a "N" for email notifications. This should match if I understand the purpose of the XML file.

SECOND STEP: Going to the "Logs" tab, seeing the several "Success" runs, then "Viewing" these entries, the log shows a "N".

I then edited the XML file to change the "N" to a "Y". I performed an Incremental run. Viewing the log for this run indicates a "Y" for email notification. However, still no email notification. I am totally confused at this point as there are more things involved that I have not a clue what it could be.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
The "Edit Defaults and Settings" interface is where you specify email server settings that are used application-wide, and then the default notification settings for any FUTURE definition files that you create.  Changing settings in the email settings sections that begin with "Default" does not retroactively change notification settings for existing definition files.  If you want to do that (properly, i.e. without editing XML files directl), then right-click your existing definition file, click Edit, click Advanced Options, then click Email.  This design is not new for V8, in fact the delineation of application settings vs. defaults was made clearer for V8 with the tweaking of the section names under Edit Defaults and Settings > Email.

Edited 2 June 2021 10:04 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search