Email server settings for Microsoft Exchange to notify of backup failures

Author
Keith Graham
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've recently had to switch my email service provider to Microsoft via an Office365 for business account and therefore have an Exchange account rather than the IMAP account with my previous email hosting company.
The email address is exactly the same but I've tried all sorts of configuration settings but can't get the test transmission to work.
I know the email address and password are correct and believe the server should be "outlook.office365.com" but not sure what the other settings should be.
Does anyone know whether Exchange email accounts are supported and what the settings should be.
Thanks

Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Keith,

Thanks for posting.

The server should be: smtp.office365.com on port: 587 you can auto detect the authentication type.

Please see this article for the correct SMTP settings to use for sending mail from Reflect by using Office 365.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Outlook-settings-for-POP-and-IMAP-access-for-Office-365-for-business-or-Microsoft-Exchange-accounts-7fc677eb-2491-4cbc-8153-8e7113525f6c

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

Keith Graham
Keith Graham
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Many thanks - works perfectly - great service !
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search