V7.3.5920 2021-0524

Author
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)
Group: Macrium Moderators
Dano - 27 May 2021 3:44 PM
Alex - 26 May 2021 7:27 PM
Unfortunately our license servers experienced an issue - we've deployed a fix and license upgrading should now work correctly. If you have experienced license upgrade issues, they should be resolved by retrying shortly

Hi Alex,

I was able to upgrade all of my licenses and the subsequent installs all went perfectly, thanks for that!

I am trying to get a manual install file using the download link on Macriums page for Site Manager and I get emailed a link just fine however it's still downloading version 7. Any idea when this will be updated?

Thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan, glad it was sorted out, I'll pass the website report on to the right team. Meanwhile there are some download links on the version 8 knowledgebase - https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/MSM8/Installation+and+Update

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Dano
Dano
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Alex - 27 May 2021 3:50 PM
Dano - 27 May 2021 3:44 PM
Alex - 26 May 2021 7:27 PM
Unfortunately our license servers experienced an issue - we've deployed a fix and license upgrading should now work correctly. If you have experienced license upgrade issues, they should be resolved by retrying shortly

Hi Alex,

I was able to upgrade all of my licenses and the subsequent installs all went perfectly, thanks for that!

I am trying to get a manual install file using the download link on Macriums page for Site Manager and I get emailed a link just fine however it's still downloading version 7. Any idea when this will be updated?

Thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan, glad it was sorted out, I'll pass the website report on to the right team. Meanwhile there are some download links on the version 8 knowledgebase - https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/MSM8/Installation+and+Update

That's awesome! Thanks Alex!

Dan

Morris
Morris
Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)
Upgraded to V8 a little while ago and it was a very simple process that completed quickly. 

I thought it was uneventful and then I discovered that Settings /Email

Notification Email: Recipient's Email Address was blank as was the subject
Backup Summary: Recipient's Email Address was blank as was the subject.  The Send Time remained

I had to update my dashboard and that was expected and easy.  Overall a much more pleasant experience than dealing with licenses.  Has Macrium considered tying licensing to a single email address, or if keys are preferred, one key for ALL standalone licenses and one key for a 4 pack or Workstation?   Also, tie the version(s) permitted to your backend so that keys don't have to change with version upgrades.

Overall a reasonably smooth upgrade.

Thank you,

Morris
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)Macrium Representative (619 reputation)
Group: Macrium Moderators
Morris - 30 May 2021 1:17 AM
Upgraded to V8 a little while ago and it was a very simple process that completed quickly. 

I thought it was uneventful and then I discovered that Settings /Email

Notification Email: Recipient's Email Address was blank as was the subject
Backup Summary: Recipient's Email Address was blank as was the subject.  The Send Time remained

I had to update my dashboard and that was expected and easy.  Overall a much more pleasant experience than dealing with licenses.  Has Macrium considered tying licensing to a single email address, or if keys are preferred, one key for ALL standalone licenses and one key for a 4 pack or Workstation?   Also, tie the version(s) permitted to your backend so that keys don't have to change with version upgrades.

Overall a reasonably smooth upgrade.

Thank you,

Morris

Hi Morris,

The email subject changes are caused by a combination of 2 things - we fixed a bug where the email subject wasn't being applied to notification emails and we tidied and split out the recipient list and subject for different email types. 

I'll pass your license feedback along to our licensing team. I know that we offer multiple seat workstation and server licenses for use within Site Manager itself, but I'm not aware if there are any other plans to improve the licensing.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

Morris
Morris
Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)
Thank you Alex
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search