Incremental Forever: Delete without merge?

Author
Hendrick99
Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)Junior Member (85 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm using the Incremental Forever option. Recently I've changed the retention rule from 17 backups
back to 14. Now I see that the program deletes a number of incremental backups without merging
them first with the base. Is this a bug or is it "works as disigned"...?

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Hendrick
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Hendrick 

Thanks for sending the support case. We can see from the screen shot you supplied that your files are being merged correctly.

Your Full image '-00-00.mrimg'  was correctly merged with '-10-10.mrimg' and files '-08-08.mrimg' to '-10-10.mrimg' were deleted.  The Full image is now at the same state as the previous '-10-10.mrimg'

Files '08-08' and '09-09' were included in the merge process as they are part of the backup set and are in the merge range. When multiple files are merged the From and To files for the merge are shown in the log as a 'Merging <From> with <To>'.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search