After upgrading to v6 things are rather slow !

Author
Bung55
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All,
Anyone else had any speed issues ?
I have a client with W7, I upgraded them to the new v6 Workstation version.
Upgrade and registration all went well.

I left the computer doing a differential backup, which normally takes 20 minutes.
The client contacted me 30 minutes later to say it was reporting 11 hours left to run and was sitting on 2% Sad

TIA, Dave

Tags
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)

For reference, my imaging speeds are about the same since upgrading from v5 to v6 on my Win8.1 system.  Have you checked the logs (Windows/Reflect/VSS) to see if there are any tell-tale signs?  Just for giggles, maybe temporarily disable your antivirus software to see if that changes anything?  Next thing I'd try is an uninstall and full reinstall of v6.  Are there any IO or disk problems?  Maybe a chkdsk?  I don't know what you're backing up to, but if it's an external USB drive did you check to ensure it's plugged into a USB3 slot (if applicable?)  If you copy a bunch of files (for testing) with Windows Explorer to the destination drive does it work as quickly as expected?

I'm sure if you stick around you'll see more comprehensive answers, but these are the most common fixes and checks for simple problems, if that's what yours turns out to be I mean.

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Bung55 (3/8/2015)
Hi All,
Anyone else had any speed issues ?

Not here, but there are any number of individual circumstances that can affect transfer rates during backup operations.  See the KB article entitled Understanding and resolving backup and restore performance issues for some troubleshooting tips.  In particular, if your client happens to be using a USB-connected external drive as the backup destination, be sure that caching is enabled.  Also, regardless of destination, ensure that Reflect operations are exempt from "live AV" interference.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 8 March 2015 2:23 PM by Arvy
Bung55
Bung55
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Thanks for the feedback - late here in Oz, but will do some more checking tomorrow and report back...
Regards, Dave

Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)Expert (887 reputation)
As the others have reported, I too see little difference (if any) in my backup speeds with V6 as compared to V5. I would look at the read and write speeds shown on the screen during backup to see which side is slow. Typically there is an issue with writing when things get THAT slow. I have seen Reflect get confused with permissions and sometimes NOT report and error but continue trying to write to a drive for which it does not have proper permissions. This has sometimes occurred on a client's USB external server drive using V5. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search