HP Elitedesk won't boot into Macrium Recovery Console

Author
mjbcomp
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am running Macrium Reflect - Home Edition - v7.3.5854 [UEFI]

When i boot my computer and tell it to launch the recover console, the computer reboots, and i can tell from the hard drive activity light that its loading but i never get anything on the screen.  I don't know if this is a Macrium issue or an HP Elitedesk computer issue.

By comparison i also have an HP ProDesk running the same version of macrium and it loads fine into the recovery console.

I need some direction.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Are you attempting to boot into the recovery boot menu option, or are you booting from a Rescue Media flash drive?  What version of WinPE/RE is your Rescue environment using?  You can check that by launching Reflect, going to the Create Rescue Media wizard, and checking the information at the top of the window that will appear.

mjbcomp
mjbcomp
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
jphughan - 15 May 2021 2:13 AM
Are you attempting to boot into the recovery boot menu option, or are you booting from a Rescue Media flash drive?  What version of WinPE/RE is your Rescue environment using?  You can check that by launching Reflect, going to the Create Rescue Media wizard, and checking the information at the top of the window that will appear.

I just spent the last two hours working on the problem.  It was not a problem with Macrium.  It was a hardware issue with the HP computer.  It has now been resolved and everything is working fine.

My HP computer has integrated video ports built into the motherboard AND a dedicated NVidia video port.  I had my monitor plugged into the built in video port instead of the dedicated port and when the computer would boot it is configured to use the Dedicated port first for video output.  So the computer WAS in fact booting into the Macrium Recovery console but it was only using the dedicated video port so i never saw the output.

Consider this issue resolved. Thank You.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Glad you’re sorted, and it sounds like you’ll now be able to benefit from your system’s NVIDIA GPU in Windows as well.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search