Determine type of backup file from script

Author
LukasLang
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I want to implement some custom logic to determine the type of the next backup based on the type of the last successful backup. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to get the backup type for a given file from a script.

To be clear, I would something like the following (ideally in PowerShell): Get-BackupType "D:\path\to\backup\backup.mrimg" -> returns either "full", "diff", or "inc". I can read out the information from the column in the file explorer, but that's not useful for automation purposes. How can I get the required file information?
Edited 27 April 2021 10:05 AM by LukasLang
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I requested this exact capability and others, for this exact type of use case, over in this thread in the Wish List section.  But that wish has yet to be granted.  In the meantime, the only work I know about that's been done here is described in this thread, where programmatic retrieval of backup method was achieved, although it did take a fair amount of effort.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search