Prompt user to update Rescue Media on start of Reflect after update?

Author
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was wondering if this feature might have some value.

I was thinking about some kind of prompt to update the Rescue Media base file when Reflect is updated.  I was thinking of a one time prompt that runs on the first start of Reflect after updating Reflect when there's a new Rescue base available.

When you enter the Rescue Media Builder, Reflect does prompt you that there's a new Rescue base available and if you want to update it.  I was wondering about the value in a prompt to let the user know there's a new Rescue base update on first start of Reflect after updating the software.

I can see the existing value of just leaving it as it is because not everyone updates their Rescue Media every time.  And it's not always necessary to update Rescue Media.  But, if there's a new Rescue base available, I was wondering the value of adding some kind prompt on first execution of Reflect after updating to let the user know there's a new Rescue base.

Opinions?

Thanks!

core
core
New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)New Member (31 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I agree.  Reflect SW UI should clearly show when we need to update the Rescue environment & media.  I don't think it is clear from release notes if there was an incompatible change that requires updating the Rescue environment.

"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him." -J.R.R. Tolkien
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search