Unwanted Partition, and damaged files.

Author
ScottK
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi. First, here is what I'm working on.

Supermicro SYS-7047A-73 Workstation
Dual Intel E5-2630V2 Xeon CPU's
Dual Sandisk X210 SSD's (RAID 1)
Dual Seagate Constellation ES.3 4TB HDD's (One is a clone of the other)
Dual Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD V6 10TB HDD's (One is a clone of the other)
Windows 7 Pro
Macrium Reflect v7.3.5672

Recently after a bunch of issues with trying to re-install Windows 7 Pro, and having to go back and use an image of my C: Drive I made with Macrium Reflect, I decided to start Reflect up again so it could go about doing its business. I should not have done that. Something had changed, possibly my drive letters? I noticed something was wrong and shut it down, but not soon enough. It is now showing my 10TB Hard Drive as a 4TB Hard Drive (as per image). I think it was trying to back up my 4TB Hard Drive to my 10TB Hard Drive instead of my other 4TB Hard Drive for some reason and has now created a partition of some kind. I have 50,000 images on this drive and it seems like lots of them have become corrupted.

Neither of my 10TB nor 4TB backup drives works either since I got Windows back to working how it should be. I removed them from my computer so they don't cause any other issues.

Is there any way to get this drive back to the way it was? I do have everything backed up on Crashplan, but it's so slow it will take 2 - 3 years to download everything. Help!

Thanks.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Can you post a screenshot of Reflect’s “Create a backup” tab? That shows the full partition maps of each attached disk. The Windows Explorer view just shows volumes that have drive letters, which doesn’t provide nearly as clear a picture of what’s going on.
Edited 12 April 2021 12:35 AM by jphughan
ScottK
ScottK
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Here is what I have. I am sure the drive letters got changed around somehow and this is why it all happened.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Drive letters getting rearranged wouldn’t have affected image backups except for potentially causing them to get stored in the wrong location. But Reflect does not rely on drive letters when determining what partitions to include in an image backup or clone job. It uses unique identifiers of disks and then partition numbers. It also doesn’t rely on drive letters for image restore operations

In terms of the Seagate 10TB disk only showing 4TB capacity, that would appear be fixable by simply going into Windows Disk Management and choosing to extend the existing partition to use the currently unallocated space that appears after it, which is the gray space in the Reflect screenshot. But yes, if you restore a 4TB partition onto a 10TB disk, by default Reflect will maintain the partition’s original size, not just assume that you want to fill the remainder of the new disk with that partition. That can be customized when “staging” an image restore or clone job, though, and Reflect V8 will make this easier and more obvious.

I can’t speak to the integrity of data on the disk, though. Just from looking at the disks in the screenshot, it doesn’t appear that any of those partitions were inadvertently cloned from any of the others, but if there were image backups or other disks involved that aren’t shown above, then that makes it more difficult to figure out what may have happened. It’s possible that posting the contents of the Reflect job logs from whatever jobs you ran might shed some light on what happened, but there’s definitely no “Undo” function for Reflect. If you performed an image restore or clone onto a disk, then the previous contents of any partitions that were overwritten in that operation will be gone. But if you have a known good image backup of the data you want, then it should be possible to restore that.
Edited 14 April 2021 7:39 PM by jphughan
ScottK
ScottK
jphughan - 14 April 2021 7:36 PM
Drive letters getting rearranged wouldn’t have affected image backups except for potentially causing them to get stored in the wrong location. But Reflect does not rely on drive letters when determining what partitions to include in an image backup or clone job. It uses unique identifiers of disks and then partition numbers. It also doesn’t rely on drive letters for image restore operations

In terms of the Seagate 10TB disk only showing 4TB capacity, that would appear be fixable by simply going into Windows Disk Management and choosing to extend the existing partition to use the currently unallocated space that appears after it, which is the gray space in the Reflect screenshot. But yes, if you restore a 4TB partition onto a 10TB disk, by default Reflect will maintain the partition’s original size, not just assume that you want to fill the remainder of the new disk with that partition. That can be customized when “staging” an image restore or clone job, though, and Reflect V8 will make this easier and more obvious.

I can’t speak to the integrity of data on the disk, though. Just from looking at the disks in the screenshot, it doesn’t appear that any of those partitions were inadvertently cloned from any of the others, but if there were image backups or other disks involved that aren’t shown above, then that makes it more difficult to figure out what may have happened. It’s possible that posting the contents of the Reflect job logs from whatever jobs you ran might shed some light on what happened, but there’s definitely no “Undo” function for Reflect. If you performed an image restore or clone onto a disk, then the previous contents of any partitions that were overwritten in that operation will be gone. But if you have a known good image backup of the data you want, then it should be possible to restore that.

I'm not sure what is what, so am copying the last few days of data for you to take a peek at. The oldest will be at the bottom of the page.

It's been a while, but all I remember was that after I re-installed my C: Drive from a Macrium Reflect image file, I started up the cloning process and noticed within seconds something was wrong so I released the hard drive instead of pulling the power plug.

Thanks.

Clone ID - F89A1311850EC7FB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dismounting drives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Clone - 24 March 2021 17:52

Creating volume snapshots
Volume Snapshots Created
D:\ \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2

Source Disk: GPT Disk 3 [4BE9F0D1-B994-401B-8836-F52E84ACF1E7] - SEAGATE ST4000NM0023 0003 <3.64 TB>
Geometry: 486401\63\512
Destination Disk: GPT Disk 2 [116207C7-ACF5-4439-A94E-A94C529A695E] - SEAGATE ST4000NM0023 0003 <3.64 TB>

Clone Type: Intelligent sector copy
Verify: Y
Delta: Y
SSD Trim: Y

Operation 1 of 2
Copy Partition: 1 -
Unformatted 128.0 MB / 128.0 MB
Destination:
Start Sector: 34
End Sector: 262,177
Partition Type: Primary

Processing: \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2
Clone completed successfully

Operation 2 of 2
Copy Partition: 2 - Documents & Program Files (DSmile
NTFS 2.10 TB / 3.64 TB
Destination:
Start Sector: 264,192
End Sector: 7,814,035,455

Checking file system
Performing full copy
Processing: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2
Gathering Windows Events

Clone failed - Error 8 - Seek failed - 131 - An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

I/O Performance: Read 1.2 Gb/s - Write 58.2 Mb/s

Macrium Reflect Home Edition v7.3.5758

(Gathering writer metadata...)
(Waiting for the asynchronous operation to finish...)
Initialize writer metadata ...
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get file list descriptors
- Get database descriptors
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
Discover directly excluded components ...
- Excluding writer '' since it has no selected components for restore.
- Excluding writer 'BITS Writer' since it has no selected components for restore.
- Excluding writer 'Shadow Copy Optimization Writer' since it has no selected components for restore.
- Excluding writer 'MSSearch Service Writer' since it has no selected components for restore.
Discover components that reside outside the shadow set ...
- Component '\TasksStore' from writer 'Task Scheduler Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\WriterMetadataStore' from writer 'VSS Metadata Store Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\PerformanceCounters' from writer 'Performance Counters Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\WMI' from writer 'WMI Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\Registry' from writer 'Registry Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\COM+ REGDB' from writer 'COM+ REGDB Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
Discover all excluded components ...
Discover excluded writers ...
- The writer 'Task Scheduler Writer' is now entirely excluded from the backup:
(it does not contain any components that can be potentially included in the backup)
- The writer 'VSS Metadata Store Writer' is now entirely excluded from the backup:
(it does not contain any components that can be potentially included in the backup)
- The writer 'Performance Counters Writer' is now entirely excluded from the backup:
- The writer 'WMI Writer' is now entirely excluded from the backup:
- The writer 'Registry Writer' is now entirely excluded from the backup:
- The writer 'COM+ REGDB Writer' is now entirely excluded from the backup:
Discover explicitly included components ...
Verifying explicitly specified writers/components ...
Select explicitly included components ...
Creating shadow set {63b5589d-1473-4456-a6b4-d127d3919b03} ...
- Adding volume \\?\Volume{db8e5d9c-35fb-43b5-b164-22c52262e44a}\ [D:\] to the shadow set...
Preparing for backup ...
Creating the shadow (DoSnapshotSet) ...
Shadow copy set successfully created.
Saving the backup components document ...

List of created shadow copies:

Querying all shadow copies with the SnapshotSetID {63b5589d-1473-4456-a6b4-d127d3919b03} ...

* SNAPSHOT ID = {591cd514-bfca-47f6-bb53-ecb3c6d8bb65} ...
 - Shadow copy Set: {63b5589d-1473-4456-a6b4-d127d3919b03}
 - Original count of shadow copies = 1
 - Original Volume name: \\?\Volume{db8e5d9c-35fb-43b5-b164-22c52262e44a}\ [D:\]
 - Creation Time: 24/03/2021 5:53:09 PM
 - Shadow copy device name: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2
 - Originating machine: NORTHSCAPE-PC
 - Service machine: NORTHSCAPE-PC
 - Not Exposed
 - Provider id: {b5946137-7b9f-4925-af80-51abd60b20d5}
 - Attributes: Auto_Release Differential

Completing the backup (BackupComplete) ...

Clone ID - C5C56CF848D2DBAE

Dismounting drives

Destination disk: 3C48FC47-B4EA-45BA-9676-5B513179D772 - not found

Macrium Reflect Home Edition v7.3.5672

Clone ID - 682B2740114D1308

Dismounting drives

Starting Clone - 24 March 2021 04:59

Volume Snapshots Created
D:\ \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1

Source Disk: GPT Disk 3 [4BE9F0D1-B994-401B-8836-F52E84ACF1E7] - SEAGATE ST4000NM0023 0003 <3.64 TB>
Geometry: 486401\63\512
Destination Disk: GPT Disk 2 [116207C7-ACF5-4439-A94E-A94C529A695E] - SEAGATE ST4000NM0023 0003 <3.64 TB>

Clone Type: Intelligent sector copy
Verify: Y
Delta: Y
SSD Trim: Y

Operation 1 of 2
Copy Partition: 1 -
Unformatted 128.0 MB / 128.0 MB
Destination:
Start Sector: 34
End Sector: 262,177

Processing: \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2
Clone completed successfully

Operation 2 of 2
Copy Partition: 2 - Documents & Program Files (DSmile
NTFS 2.10 TB / 3.64 TB
Destination:
Start Sector: 264,192
End Sector: 7,814,035,455

Checking file system
Looking for changes
Processing: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1
Gathering Windows Events

Clone failed - Error 8 - Write failed - 1167 - The device is not connected.

I/O Performance: Read 1.2 Gb/s - Write 378.7 Mb/s

- Component '\PerformanceCounters' from writer 'Performance Counters Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\Registry' from writer 'Registry Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\COM+ REGDB' from writer 'COM+ REGDB Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\WMI' from writer 'WMI Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- The writer 'VSS Metadata Store Writer' is now entirely excluded from the backup:
- The writer 'Performance Counters Writer' is now entirely excluded from the backup:
Creating shadow set {e7e911dc-da95-446a-bc14-730497b6eded} ...
- Adding volume \\?\Volume{db8e5d9c-35fb-43b5-b164-22c52262e44a}\ [D:\] to the shadow set...
Preparing for backup ...

Querying all shadow copies with the SnapshotSetID {e7e911dc-da95-446a-bc14-730497b6eded} ...

* SNAPSHOT ID = {867c37d7-ff5e-414c-a8b6-c55ca04bacbd} ...
 - Shadow copy Set: {e7e911dc-da95-446a-bc14-730497b6eded}
 - Creation Time: 24/03/2021 4:59:53 AM
 - Shadow copy device name: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1
 - Not Exposed

Windows Events
Date:  24/03/2021 6:50:01 AM
Type:  Warning
Event:  3036
Source:  Microsoft-Windows-Search

The content source <csc://{S-1-5-21-3657633052-2046993360-1225594378-500}/> cannot be accessed.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
  (HRESULT : 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

The content source <iehistory://{S-1-5-21-3657633052-2046993360-1225594378-500}/> cannot be accessed.

Details:

Date:  24/03/2021 4:59:52 AM
Event:  12348
Source:  VSS

Volume Shadow Copy Service warning: VSS was denied access to the root of volume \\?\Volume{5daf5fb6-13f6-419d-a7d4-bab05f585326}\. Denying administrators from accessing volume roots can cause many unexpected failures, and will prevent VSS from functioning properly. Check security on the volume, and try the operation again.

Operation:
 Automatically choosing a diff-area volume
 Processing EndPrepareSnapshots

Context:
 Execution Context: System Provider

Volume Shadow Copy Service warning: VSS was denied access to the root of volume \\?\Volume{5daf5fb6-13f6-419d-a7d4-bab05f585326}\. Denying administrators from accessing volume roots can cause many unexpected failures, and will prevent VSS from functioning properly. Check security on the volume, and try the operation again.

Operation:

Context:

Date:  24/03/2021 4:59:48 AM

Operation:
 Removing auto-release shadow copies
 Loading provider

Context:

Creating shadow set {e7e911dc-da95-446a-bc14-730497b6eded} ...
Preparing for backup ...

Querying all shadow copies with the SnapshotSetID {e7e911dc-da95-446a-bc14-730497b6eded} ...

* SNAPSHOT ID = {867c37d7-ff5e-414c-a8b6-c55ca04bacbd} ...
 - Shadow copy Set: {e7e911dc-da95-446a-bc14-730497b6eded}
 - Creation Time: 24/03/2021 4:59:53 AM
 - Shadow copy device name: \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1
 - Not Exposed

Windows Events

The content source <csc://{S-1-5-21-3657633052-2046993360-1225594378-500}/> cannot be accessed.

Details:

The content source <iehistory://{S-1-5-21-3657633052-2046993360-1225594378-500}/> cannot be accessed.

Details:

Operation:

Context:

Operation:

Context:

Date:  24/03/2021 4:59:48 AM

Operation:
 Removing auto-release shadow copies
 Loading provider

Context:

Clone ID - D943FA17DE516B28

Dismounting drives

Destination disk: 3C48FC47-B4EA-45BA-9676-5B513179D772 - not found

Clone ID - 8E9BC33A69D3A0A0

Dismounting drives

Destination disk: 116207C7-ACF5-4439-A94E-A94C529A695E - not found

Clone ID - 160A4BA978C6B433

Dismounting drives

Starting Clone - 06 March 2021 00:03

Failed To Create Volume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042316
Gathering Windows Events

Clone failed - Error 0

(Gathering writer metadata...)
Initialize writer metadata ...
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Excluding writer 'Shadow Copy Optimization Writer' since it has no selected components for restore.
- Excluding writer 'BITS Writer' since it has no selected components for restore.
- Excluding writer 'MSSearch Service Writer' since it has no selected components for restore.
- Component '\TasksStore' from writer 'Task Scheduler Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)
- Component '\WriterMetadataStore' from writer 'VSS Metadata Store Writer' is excluded from backup (it requires C:\ in the shadow set)

ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->StartSnapshotSet(&m_latestSnapshotSetID)" failed.
- Returned HRESULT = 0x80042316
- Error text: VSS_E_SNAPSHOT_SET_IN_PROGRESS

ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->BackupComplete(&pAsync)" failed.
- Returned HRESULT = 0x80042301
- Error text: VSS_E_BAD_STATE
- Setting the VSS context to: 0x00000010

ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->StartSnapshotSet(&m_latestSnapshotSetID)" failed.

Clone ID - CEECCD2ACC24A8F9

Dismounting drives

Starting Clone - 06 March 2021 00:00

Failed To Create Volume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042316
Gathering Windows Events

Clone failed - Error 0

- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get exclude files
- Enumerate components
- Get log descriptors

ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->BackupComplete(&pAsync)" failed.
- Returned HRESULT = 0x80042301
- Error text: VSS_E_BAD_STATE
- Setting the VSS context to: 0x00000010

Edited 15 April 2021 4:34 PM by ScottK
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Ok, quite a bit of information there.  For future reference, the job log is the one that you see when you click the timestamp in the left-side navigation pane of the Log tab.  You also posted the contents of the VSS log and the Windows Events.  Those generally aren't needed upfront, and the job log is much easier to read through on its own.  In addition, I strongly suggest that you immediately edit your post to remove your personal Reflect license key, which appears 7 times in that post.  You can edit your post by clicking the vertical dots in the upper-right corner of your existing post and clicking Edit Post.

In terms of what you posted, there isn't a single successful job in there, but there are some other notable tidbits.  Some jobs failed right out of the gate because the specified destination disk wasn't even available, so there's not much to go on there.  Reflect determines source and destination disks by unique identifiers, not drive letters.  But there were two jobs that did actually start a clone operation, namely the jobs that ran on 24 March 2021 17:52 and on 24 March 2021 04:59.  In both of those cases, both the Source and Destination disks were 4TB Seagate disks, and in both cases the Source disk in the clone had a partition labeled "Documents & Program Files" that was assigned drive letter D, at least at that time.

But here's the odd part.  The GPT disk ID of the Destination in both of those clone jobs is 116207C7-ACF5-4439-A94E-A94C529A695E.  And at the time of the clone job, that ID belonged to a 4TB Seagate disk, since Reflect reported the Destination's size as 3.64 TB -- which is the total size of the disk, not just any particular partition.  But in your Reflect screenshot that you posted earlier, that same GPT disk ID appears on the 10TB Seagate disk you've got in your screenshot, which has a 4TB partition and a bunch of unallocated space after it.  I can't be sure of everything that happened here, but it seems that at some point, you may have taken an image backup of your 4TB Seagate disk and restored it onto your 10TB Seagate disk, or vice versa.  Either way, that would cause the GPT disk ID of the original source disk to be set on the alternate disk you restored the image backup onto.  And THAT "transference" of GPT disk ID could definitely cause your clone job to start using a different source and/or destination disk.  Clone jobs define source and destination disks by that GPT disk ID.

Also, a clone or image restore job that fails partway through will leave the Destination partition in an unusable state.  It's not like a file copy where files before the error will be intact and files afterward won't have copied over.  With an image/clone operation, if you don't write out the entire partition, you're not going to have a usable partition.

Edited 14 April 2021 11:43 PM by jphughan
ScottK
ScottK
Thanks. Interesting. I deleted the License Key stuff as suggested.

I'm going to get a new computer and transfer as much stuff over as I can before I start messing with my drives anymore. I will try to extend the partition once I have as many files off the drive as I can access. Who knows, maybe all will be well? If that doesn't work I will try Recuva software, and if that fails, everything is on CrashPlan (fingers crossed).

I had originally made an image of my C: Drive on a spare 4TB drive I had laying around. This was not in the machine when things went wrong.

What I am most curious about is why after getting things back to normal (C: Drive reinstalled), did Windows 7 not want to read my two backup drives, and why did Windows 7 want to run chkdsk on them. I did let it run on one and it said it was correcting errors, and after that, I have no access to that drive, which I guess I didn't anyhow. It still wants to run chkdsk on my E: Drive (the 10TB turned into a 4TB).

I was just looking at the logs again, and there were a few more days of bad ones, and then on to good days. Let me know if you want me to post any more of that same stuff. And sorry, but that is the only stuff I see to copy under the Log TAB.

There is one more thing that is now different. When booting up it stops at a window and asks me to choose an operating system to start. I have a choice of Windows 7 or Macrium Reflect System Recovery. Why is it doing this now? I just choose Windows 7.

Thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
I'm not sure more job logs will shed more light on this.  There might be a smoking gun in there somewhere, but posting everything in the hopes that it will be found doesn't make a lot of sense.

In terms of what's available under the Log tab, I wasn't saying that you hadn't posted enough.  I was saying that you didn't need to post as much as you did.  In many cases, you only need to post the job log.  You posted the job log, the VSS log, and the Windows Events logs.  That was just a note for future reference, since posting only the job log is quicker for you and avoids creating a larger "haystack" compared to posting everything else right out of the gate.  The VSS log is typically only needed if you have a job log that specifically mentions a VSS issue, and the Windows Events logs are even more rare to be needed.

I'm not sure what accounts for the prompt to run CHKDSK when you reverted to Win7, or why CHKDSK would have introduced problems.  Microsoft stopped offering updates for Win7 in January 2020, and I stopped using it well before then.

In terms of the boot option, that is Reflect's recovery boot menu option.  It basically allows you to access the Reflect Rescue environment without having to boot from an external device, so long as your C drive that contains those Rescue files is still intact.  It's a pure convenience thing, but is NOT a substitute for having external Rescue Media.  But if you don't want it, go to the Create Rescue Media wizard in Reflect, select Windows Boot Menu, then select the Remove option.

dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Looks like the Macrium Reflect boot menu option got added somehow.  To remove it, go into the Macrium Reflect Rescue Media builder.  What should be the first option in the list of Devices is Windows Boot Menu.  There should be two check boxes under Boot Options, one of which, Current Boot menu, should be checked.  Check the other box that says Remove boot menu.  The Build button at the bottom should become a Remove button, if I remember correctly.  Click the Remove button.  This should remove the boot menu options and immediately start Windows 7.

EDIT: Ah, looks like JP was replying at the same time I was.

Edited 15 April 2021 6:16 PM by dbminter
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search