Cannot activate windows 10

Author
sdamico
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been using Macrium to clone Windows 10 pro 64bit for about 5 months and probably a couple hundred times. My process has been the same. I install windows, Office 365 and some standard business applications and update windows completely. 
I create an Image of this setup and use it to make clones on laptops with the exact same hardware.
After I restore the image to a the exact hardware I rename the machine and restart it. without any issues.
I was the sole technician in my organization to perform and manage this task until I left for vacation.
Another technician assumed my role for a couple days and cloned approximately 20 Laptops rapidly. in the same day. Ever since this day I am unable to activate windows 10. I have tried creating a new image, I have tried sysprep before cloning, I have tried going through activation with Microsoft on these machines and that doesn't work at all.

The only thing that seems to work is installing windows fresh every single time which is too time consuming and means that I wont be using Macrium.
What am I doing wrong here?

Roland Stoller
Roland Stoller
Talented Member
Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)
"...Another technician assumed my role for a couple days and cloned approximately 20 Laptops rapidly..."  Did that technician do the same steps exactly as you have been successfully doing?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  Ben Franklin revisited.

L. W. "Dan" Danz
L. W. "Dan" Danz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)Advanced Member (443 reputation)
I wonder did that "other technician" activate the OS on the master device BEFORE he created the clones?

L. W. "Dan" Danz, Overland Park KS  

sdamico
sdamico
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
I don't believe the other technician gave any of the systems a chance to activate. I always give the system a chance while renaming it and syncing the clock. Now I cant seems to get windows to activate.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search