Cannot acces Macrium Reflect after installing a patch

Author
Nisko
Talented Member
Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Error message:  "Windows cannot access the specified file, device or path".

The last time I installed a patch, the same thing happened.  After about a week of trying, it suddenly started Reflect.  Yes, I restarted my PC before trying - even though I wasn't instructed to.  I have all permissions.  Help!!!
capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)
Windows patch or Reflect patch?  Try disabling your anti-virus and see if that helps.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5758
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.3.0

Edited 31 March 2021 12:09 PM by capair45
dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)
Try downloading a full installer for Reflect and running it.  If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall Reflect.  Uninstall has an option to keep all your user settings, backup definitions, and schedules.

Nisko
Nisko
Talented Member
Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)Talented Member (184 reputation)
capair45 - 31 March 2021 11:40 AM
Windows patch or Reflect patch?  Try disabling your anti-virus and see if that helps.

Reflect Patch.  This shouldn't happen - but it's happ[ened twice now.
Nisko
Nisko
Talented Member
dbminter - 31 March 2021 1:08 PM
Try downloading a full installer for Reflect and running it.  If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall Reflect.  Uninstall has an option to keep all your user settings, backup definitions, and schedules.

I'll try your suggestion if I can't find any other way to fix the problem.  Every time there's a patch, I shouldn't have to go through a reinstallation.  I'm going to report this as a ticket to Macrium. Thank you.
dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)
I have encountered problems where the patch update method simply doesn't work.  I'd say about 1/10 of the time, maybe.  I usually find a full install works and on rare occasions, a necessary full uninstall and reinstall.  However, as you say, it definitely shouldn't happen on each patch.

Nisko
Nisko
Talented Member
dbminter - 31 March 2021 3:02 PM
I have encountered problems where the patch update method simply doesn't work.  I'd say about 1/10 of the time, maybe.  I usually find a full install works and on rare occasions, a necessary full uninstall and reinstall.  However, as you say, it definitely shouldn't happen on each patch.

I have the paid version and would want to reinstall that.  Where do I get that latest version - and will it include the patch?  Thank you
capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW72/Installing+Macrium+Reflect

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5758
Windows Defender

dbminter
dbminter
There's no need to enter your license key in the Download Agent to download a full installer of the paid version.  Entering the key in the Download Agent only applies when you select to Run the installer after its downloaded.  The key is piped into the installer so you don't have to enter it in.  If you already installed a paid version and entered a license key before, Windows "remembers" it even if you uninstall Reflect.  When you run the full installer after uninstalling Reflect, the installer will "recall" the license key already entered into the system.

capair45
capair45
Expert
Also, the agent will download the latest version which includes the patch to 7.3.5758

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5758
Windows Defender

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore