Backup aborted! - Write operation failed - An unexpected network error occurred.

Backup aborted! - Write operation failed - An unexpected network error...
Author
dablumberg
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Schedule had been working until we changed the server network connection from single connection to bridge connection within windows server 2016.  I am able to access the network backup location from within macrium and when browsing I am able to access with no issues as well.  I have also tried backing up using ip address with the same error and have rebooted both the server and the NAS.
dablumberg
dablumberg
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
I disabled the network bridge and the backups started to work again, any thoughts on what might have caused this?
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)
Are you sure you actually set up a bridge?  A network bridge is created when you want to connect a system to two networks that are otherwise isolated from each other and have that system act as a bridge between those networks, so that systems on Network A can communicate with systems on Network B by relaying traffic through your system.  Is that the setup you implemented?  Or did you create a network team instead so that you could connect multiple network interfaces of this server to the same network for redundancy and/or additional throughput?  If it's the latter, what settings did you use for the team?

Edited 31 March 2021 5:00 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search