Seems to work less than it succeeds

Author
PoorlyPCNigel
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It appears that more often than not the virtual machine created from viBoot from a valid Macrium image file fails to boot.

The current one I am trying to get working bluescreens with a Stop 0x0000007b error.

It lets me run a startup repair on the image but this never improves things.

I presume I don't have to do anything "different" when I create the image to make it viBoot compliant ?

Still very much in tinkering mode with this product, so happy to try some things to get it working more reliably.

Thanks,

Nigel
JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)Macrium Representative (456 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi Nigel,

Please can you confirm the version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc) and architecture (32bit or 64bit) that is in the image file that you are trying to boot and also the version of Windows that you are running viBoot on?

The Stop: 0x0000007B error indicates that viBoot has not injected the correct disk device driver for Hyper-V.

You should be able to attach a Macrium Reflect Recovery ISO to the virtual machine and use the Redeploy feature to inject the correct driver. If you feel comfortable trying this, please let us know which drivers Redeploy wanted to inject.

Please see the following article in our Knowledge Base for more information on using Redeploy.
http://knowledgebase.macrium.c...

Kind Regards,
Jamie Wardhaugh - Macrium Support 

Kind Regards

Jamie

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars

GO

Merge Selected