Macrium Reflect 8

Author
dbminter
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
No prob.  We've all missed the obvious before.  What's right in front of my face, even I.  Smile

[email protected]
rmcneil@comcast.net
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
I am a long time user of Reflect and love the program.  I'm on a Windows 7 machine that I am maintaining because of Windows Media Center functionality.  I was about to update to V8 when I read the below about V8 compatibility with Windows 7:

Windows 7 64bit / Windows 2008 R2 Server 64 bit    Reflect updates and installs will continue to be supported on this platform if the OS has been patched to include SHA-2 support.

Is there an easy way to determine if I my system has been patched to include SHA-2 support?  I found the following from Microsoft:

Customers who run legacy OS versions (Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 SP2) are required to have SHA-2 code signing support installed on their devices to install updates released on or after July 2019. Any devices without SHA-2 support will not be able to install Windows updates on or after July 2019.
I have received Windows updates after 7/2019 and am still receiving occasional Windows security updates for Office products.  I'm assuming that I'm good to go even though I couldn't find the specific update listed that installed SHA-2 support.
Froggie
Froggie
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)
July 9, 2019
Required: Updates for legacy Windows versions will require that SHA-2 code signing support be installed. The support released in April and May (KB4493730 and KB4474419) will be required in order to continue to receive updates on these versions of Windows.

[email protected]
rmcneil@comcast.net
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Thanks Froggie.  I wasn't specific enough in my note.  I was aware of the 2 updates you mentioned but was unable to find them as installed updates on my machine.  I'm just wondering if it is safe to make the logical leap that the updates are installed since I have been receiving Windows updates since the 7/2019 cutoff date.  Thanks.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Yes, it is safe to make that logical leap.  All Windows Updates are now and have for a while been signed using SHA-256, so if your Windows 7 environment did not support that algorithm, it would have been unable to verify the integrity of those updates and therefore would have refused to install them.

Edited 17 June 2021 4:28 PM by jphughan
[email protected]
rmcneil@comcast.net
Excellent.  Thanks jphugan.  I'll proceed with the upgrade to V8.
uit
uit
Talented Member
Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)Talented Member (142 reputation)
Nick - 19 May 2021 12:16 PM
laszlo1 - 19 May 2021 4:03 AM
I would like a larger font size, because even at 175 DPI the font size is very small. I can hardly see it.

Thanks for the comment. We're looking at adding an option in Reflect to choose the font point size, and we hope to have this available for the next update. At this stage we can't tell you when this will be, but it won't be a very long wait.

Yes, please increase the size of the font used for backup job details, like Operation X or X.  It's just too darn small.  The font size shouldn't be any smaller than the other Macrium program type fonts.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search