Move purchased licence key to a new PC

Author
geoffL
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been using Macrium Reflect for a number of years.
I am thinking ahead to when I get a new PC.
I have read the article:
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Removing+your+License+key+when+Upgrading+your+PC
At the bottom of this article it says:
"You can download installers and license keys by entering your email address here:
https://www.macrium.com/myorders.aspx"
Clicking on the link opens the web page::
https://www.macrium.com/myorders/index

This  web page has a "Get My Orders" button.
But when I click this button I get an ERROR message.

This web page also has a "Contact Us". link, so that you can supposedly advice Macrium of a new email address.
However, the resulting form does not recognise my email address (which I have used for a number of years) or even my previous email address.

QUESTION 1:
If I download the FREE version of Macrium Reflect to my new PC, can I then enter the Licence Key to upgrade it? (Having first removed it from my old PC).
QUESTION 2:
How do I ensure that Macrium has recorded my current email address.?

capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)Expert (900 reputation)
1.  Yes

2.  Not sure

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5758
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.3.0

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)
Just to make sure, are you entering your email address into the text field before you click the "Get My Orders" button below it?  If so, I'm not sure what to tell you.  It works fine for me.  But as mentioned above, it is possible to perform an in-place upgrade from Free to a paid version as long as you're using Reflect 7.2 or newer.  In terms of verifying email addresses, that's something you'd have to contact Macrium Support about.  I would suggest clicking the "Contact Us" link on the Orders page for that purpose.

Edited 23 March 2021 12:34 AM by jphughan
geoffL
geoffL
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
jphughan - 23 March 2021 12:33 AM
Just to make sure, are you entering your email address into the text field before you click the "Get My Orders" button below it?  If so, I'm not sure what to tell you.  It works fine for me.  But as mentioned above, it is possible to perform an in-place upgrade from Free to a paid version as long as you're using Reflect 7.2 or newer.  In terms of verifying email addresses, that's something you'd have to contact Macrium Support about.  I would suggest clicking the "Contact Us" link on the Orders page for that purpose.

Thank you for your helpful replies.
My error was that I did not enter my email address into the text box above the "Get my Orders" button.
The reason is that I did not see the text box. IT IS TOO FEINT.
Thanks again for your help.
Roland Stoller
Roland Stoller
Talented Member
Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)Talented Member (117 reputation)
You can purchase the family 4-pack when it is on discount, and all your computers will be forever covered - unless/until you move from MR7 to MR8.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  Ben Franklin revisited.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search