Exchange restore error code 1022

Author
versapress
New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm not sure where to post this question as there is no forum for Exchange or SQL backup issues.

We have a few server and workstation licenses for doing typical hard drive image backups, and we love Reflect for those backups. I downloaded a trial of the Server Plus edition to test out Exchange server backups. I've got one full and one incremental backup of our mail database. I wanted to go into a backup to see what things looked like, and I can't get it to work. Is there something I missed? I downloaded the Microsoft Exchange MAPI and CDO tool (we're running Exchange 2010). I went into the Mailbox restore to see what I could get to, but when I try to attach to the backup, I get a pop-up that says:
http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/c8854d4c-496f-4f24-b806-7c50.png

If I try to mount an exchange backup, is it supposed to mount to a drive letter? When I do this, as soon as the drive maps, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to format the drive.

The documentation for Exchange and SQL could be improved quite a bit, in my opinion. I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing with this. 

Am I missing a step or something? Is there something else I need to do?
Tags
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi versapress,

Thanks for posting.

Please can you run a verification on your Exchange backup and let me know the result.

I'm not sure where to post this question as there is no forum for Exchange or SQL backup issues.  

Suggestion noted. I will create one this week.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

versapress
versapress
New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I totally missed your response. Sorry.

Every backup I try to verify ends up with a failure error that file contents are corrupt. I have two full backups and several incrementals for this server. I have disk image backups for the same server in the same location, and don't have issues with any of those.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search