Best way to save PROGRAM FILES using Reflect???

Author
w2jo
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been using Macrium Reflect for a long time.  SAVING disk drive data to a server is EASY.  Recovery has always been difficult as the only way that worked reliably for me waas a) Save my image using Macrium Reflect in the usual way to my server.  Then, to restore, I had to b) COPY the stored RELECT image over to a separate disk drive and then c) connect the disk drive over to the computer I wanted to restore and xcopy it over to the defective old drive.

Has Reflect come up with a DIRECT scheme for this RESTORE operation?  I have not tried to use reflect in a few years because of this "restore hassle" but maybe it is fixed???
Thanks  Joe Mehaffey

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
What exactly went wrong for you when you used the actual Restore Image wizard? It sounds like your issue is that you couldn't access the Reflect images where they actually resided, which is why you copied them to some other location? And then for some reason even at THAT point you chose to use Xcopy rather than actually restoring the image?  In that case, what specific error or behavior are you seeing when you try to access the backups in their normal location while using the Rescue Media environment? And then what prevented you from just using Restore Image even after copying the backup to some other location?

It’s definitely possible to access network locations from Rescue so that you can restore backups from remote destinations.  If Reflect can back up to that location, it's possible to restore directly from it.  But you'd have to describe exactly where you're having trouble.  The more information you can provide about what problems you’re encountering when attempting to perform this operation as intended, the more likely people here will be able to help you. Simply describing the workaround process you’re using doesn’t identify the problem(s) that caused you to start using that workaround in the first place, and without understanding the problem(s) it isn’t possible to work toward a solution.

Edited 28 February 2021 10:54 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search