Image - Failed, Image - Success

Author
dlandiss
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Reflect v7.3.5550, Windows 10.0.19041.488

I built a Backup Definition file to create a Full Disk Image every Sunday at 4am, and a Differential backup the other 6 days at 4am. A typical Full image requires about 328GB and there are 762GB free on the backup target disk.

Every morning my Notifications panel states "Image - Failed my backup.xml 4:05am" and immediately below that "Image - Success my backup.xml 4:05am." The backup appears to be successful, the differential file is created.

Using the very handy search app "Everything" I have ensured that the only "my backup.xml" file on any disk in my system is at C:\Users\dland\OneDrive\Documents\Reflect." 

What shall I look for next? Thank you!

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)
Are you sure those were generated on the same day?  Windows Notification Center can store notifications across multiple days.  Check the Log tab within Reflect and see whether you have a record of a failed job.  If so, check the date.  Does it indicate that two backups fired back to back?  The job logs also show the path to the definition file they're using as the first line of the job, so that's a helpful reference as well and much more "direct" than using a search app.

Edited 24 February 2021 9:41 PM by jphughan
dlandiss
dlandiss
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
I have decided that the problem was that I had previously deleted a backup xml file and built a new one, but the old one persisted in the schedule. That is, deleting the xml file from my disk did not delete it from the schedule -- but of course the schedule could no longer find it. 

Thank you for your suggestions.
dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)
I think if you delete XML's from the Reflect interface, it deletes the corresponding schedules.  Did you delete the XML manually from Windows/File Explorer?  That would probably explain what happened, as you say.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)
Db, when you delete a definition file in Reflect, you have an OPTION to delete the file itself and the schedules, or to delete neither of those items.
dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (3.4K reputation)
JP, I wasn't sure.  Thanks!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search