Force run a backup

Author
Octopuss
Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there any way to force run a backup when I have the run once a day setting enabled?

capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)
You can always run a manual backup by selecting the Backup Definition File tab, right-clicking the appropriate file name, and selecting Run Now.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5550
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

Octopuss
Octopuss
Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)Junior Member (54 reputation)
Oh ok. I was trying to force run the powershell script.

capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)Expert (850 reputation)
Octopuss - 22 February 2021 12:31 PM
Oh ok. I was trying to force run the powershell script.

I have no experience with powershell scripts.  Perhaps others willbe along with advice on that.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5550
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)
The "Run Once" check is always going to run if you call that script and therefore always exit if a backup has already run.  If you want to be able to override that behavior and need the full script to run rather than just the backup, then you'd probably want to have another PowerShell script that is identical except for not having that Run Once Per Day option enabled.  If you don't need anything within the script to run beyond the backup, then capair's method would be fine.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search