Site Manager and unauthorised computers ...

Author
BlackCat
Talented Member
Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)Talented Member (118 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I guess this might be asking too much but if you don't ask you don't get:

I have 5 licensed copies of Reflect V7 and I find it handy to use Site Manager to keep an eye on their backups (only legacy backups, mind, I don't use the fancier features of Site Manager).  I also have several free copies of Reflect running on tablets and the like, where all I need is an occasional full backup, nothing complicated.  Would Macrium consider allowing unauthorised computers to report their backup status into Site Manager so that I can see the status of all my devices?  I wouldn't expect Macrium to sanction using Site Manger to allow any of it's central management features on an unauthorised device, but could you consider allowing it to run the legacy backups on the unauthorised devices?  Perhaps only allow this if there is at least one authorised computer in Site Manager, as an incentive for users to buy at least one licence?

Thanks for reading!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search