Backup files metadata

Author
XBower
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everybody.

I have a question about the backup files metadata.
I'm trying to write a small utility to monitor my backup files.
This utility needs information about the 'backup method' used.
This is available under the 'Macrium Reflect' tab in file properties.
It can also be displayed in Windows File Explorer.

But how can I extract this from the command line or another small program?
I want to write a script that extracts filename, creation date, size and backup method.
The output I was thinking to write to a file for further processing.

I have tried WMIC, but that doesn't seem to read the Macrium tab information.
I don't know Power Shell good enough to tell if this can be used.

Is there any way I can extract this information?
It is obviously there somewhere.

Thanks
BR

Beardy
Beardy
Expert
Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)Expert (817 reputation)
You might want to have a look at this thread particularly the last half dozen or so posts, you can safely ignore mine in it.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
I don't know of a way to programmatically extract that information from existing backup files.  But the thread that Beardy linked gave way to this Wish List thread I created as an idea to offer that functionality and quite a bit more.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (22K reputation)
Actually it seems that in the Wish List thread I linked  above, somebody else posted a way that you might be able to retrieve the current metadata.  I'd forgotten about that, and I never tested it on my own even when I saw that post, but it may be useful to you.

XBower
XBower
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Hi.
This sounds really interesting, could be just what I've been looking for.
But, I could be a bit thick here.
I've read the thread and followed the supplied link, but I simply can't find anything useful there.
Should there be a script or something that I can download?
A little guidance would be appreciated.

BR
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search