Macrium replaced original bcd with a locked version that cannot be changed

Author
mmullen2
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This occurred after I used the "Fix windows boot problem" from the PE.
Is there anyway to unlock the bcd again.
Thank you
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Not sure what you mean by "unlocking" the BCD, or even whether you're referring to the BCD entry for Windows 10 or Reflect's recovery boot menu option.  But at a minimum, you should be able to edit the BCD by using BCDEdit.  Or if you just need to delete an entry and don't want to use a command-line tool, just open System Configuration (aka MSConfig) and go to the Boot tab.

mmullen2
mmullen2
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
You were correct the BCD was not locked.
I have Win 10, 7 and XP.
While in Macrium PE I used the "Fix Windows Boot Problems".
It saw all 3 versions and loaded the bootloader for the earliest version (Win XP).
Of course, Easybcd does not work on XP so the BCD could not be modified.

Thanks for the consideration.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search