Reparse Points

Author
Bladehawke
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How does Reflect differentiate between System and User reparse points (referred herein as RP's)? Is it that RP's in UAC protected directories are considered system RP's or some other means?  Why is it recommended to follow user RP's?  Does the setting to not follow user RP's work on F&F backups?

Here's my use case: I have a download cache of several hundred files that I need to access at two different points in the filesystem.  Lets call them gamea\downloads and gameb\downloads.  Because these downloaded files are shared between the games, gameb\downloads is a directory symbolic link to ..\gamea\downloads.  I have no need or desire to backup two copies of each download, nor to restore two sets.

Edit:  I neglected to mention that there is a typo in Reflect Defaults->Backup->Reparse Points.  "User Reparse Ponts" should be "User Reparse Points".  Funny how things like that slip in.  I'm on the latest version of Home, 7.3.5365
Edited 14 January 2021 5:15 AM by Bladehawke
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search