No Notifications

Author
CodeWarrior
New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For 5 months I have been running two backups every night.
Every morning when I logon I check the notifications to see if the backups ran OK.
Today, the backups ran OK but there were no notifications.

There have been no changes such as installs, un-installs or updates.

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)
What do you mean by notifications?  No Log entries?  When I think of notifications, I think of the toast ones that pop in the right lower corner of Windows.  Are these what you mean?

In the meantime, I'd recommend restarting your PC if you haven't yet.  Those toast notifications can sometimes not pop up and a restart of Windows generally fixed that for me.

L. W. "Dan" Danz
L. W. "Dan" Danz
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)
CodeWarrior - 13 January 2021 3:18 PM
Every morning when I logon I check the notifications to see if the backups ran OK.

Please tell us some more facts:
  • Do you depend on email notification?  Or do you depend entirely on Windows Notification.
  • Which version of Macrium Reflect are you using ?  Please don't say latest...exact version number, please
  • What is your execution environment?   Which version of OS?  Again, please don't say "Latest"?
  • Do you get any OTHER notifications via that mechanism?
  • Have you looked at the Reflect logs to see if there is a clue in them?

L. W. "Dan" Danz, Overland Park KS  

CodeWarrior
CodeWarrior
New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)
L. W. "Dan" Danz - 13 January 2021 3:33 PM
CodeWarrior - 13 January 2021 3:18 PM

Please tell us some more facts:
  • Do you depend on email notification?  Or do you depend entirely on Windows Notification.
  • Which version of Macrium Reflect are you using ?  Please don't say latest...exact version number, please
  • What is your execution environment?   Which version of OS?  Again, please don't say "Latest"?
  • Do you get any OTHER notifications via that mechanism?
  • Have you looked at the Reflect logs to see if there is a clue in them?

I look at the notifications that appear in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop. No email.
MR version v7.3.5365
Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 10.0.19042 Build 19042.
I have looked at the MR backup logs and everything looks OK.
I don't normally get any other notifications except MR.

L. W. "Dan" Danz
L. W. "Dan" Danz
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)Proficient Member (361 reputation)
Then I suggest you look at Windows settings for notifications. One in particular might be biting you: Auto Focus. It attempts to not bother you with alerts for notifications if it thinks you're busy. It should still put them in Action Center.
My 4 systems match your versions. I get notifications in the Action Center, and consider them a slight annoyance sinice I get email notifications. If I don't get the email notification, then I look at logs in Reflect to see why it didn't run.

BTW how did the job get run? If scheduled, are you using Window's Task Scheduler (WTS) or Macrium's (MTS)?  And does the job run as System or another login?

Does the last run/result code when you view the scheduled tasks in Reflect give any clue?

Are all the Macrium services running? I'm reasonably certain that one of them would have to acually send the nonotification because System has no permissions for writing on your screen.

L. W. "Dan" Danz, Overland Park KS  

CodeWarrior
CodeWarrior
L. W. "Dan" Danz - 13 January 2021 4:53 PM
Then I suggest you look at Windows settings for notifications. One in particular might be biting you: Auto Focus. It attempts to not bother you with alerts for notifications if it thinks you're busy. It should still put them in Action Center.
My 4 systems match your versions. I get notifications in the Action Center, and consider them a slight annoyance sinice I get email notifications. If I don't get the email notification, then I look at logs in Reflect to see why it didn't run.

BTW how did the job get run? If scheduled, are you using Window's Task Scheduler (WTS) or Macrium's (MTS)?  And does the job run as System or another login?

Does the last run/result code when you view the scheduled tasks in Reflect give any clue?

Are all the Macrium services running? I'm reasonably certain that one of them would have to acually send the nonotification because System has no permissions for writing on your screen.

Both backups completed OK.
I am using the MR task scheduler.
I see only one service named 'Macrium Service' and it is running.

I will try dbminters suggestion and do a cold boot

CodeWarrior
CodeWarrior
After a restart, I am getting notifications again.
Thanks dbminter Smile

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)
I actually recommend daily restarts at some time during the day.  I usually do them between 11 AM and noon.  I discovered on every Dell XPS desktop I've had with Windows 10, all versions, installed that over the course of about a day, Windows "slows" down to the point where File Explorer basically becomes unresponsive.  So, a few years ago, I developed the practice of restarting Windows at least once a day.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search