Macrium Home License Upgrade To V8

Author
iwj2017
New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We Run Multiple Versions of Reflect 7 Server At work - we keep the support upto date to allow for access to the new releases

at home i run the 4 pack home edition - my support expires today 1/1/21 and i want to renew it - to give me access to v8 when it releases - but it says it cannot be renewed

how do i update my home 4 pack to v8 when it releases - surely i dont have to pay all over again for a 4 pack v8 licence?

Thanks 
Beardy
Beardy
Talented Member
Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)
Generally speaking, major version upgrades are heavily discounted for holders of a licence for the previous version, even if your initial support period has lapsed, heck I recently got a significant discount upgrading from V5 to V7 & my 4 pack was well past the support period, so far in fact that the program was completely out of support by Macrium.

So, when 8 gets released, you'll likely have to pay to upgrade, but significantly less than full price.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
Building on the answer above, Macrium's upgrades to V7 worked like this:

- If you purchased a license for any version within some relatively short period before V7's release (I think it was 90 days?), then you were entitled to a free upgrade.

- If you had a license for a business-oriented version, i.e. anything except Home, and had active support, you were entitled to a free upgrade per the terms of the support agreement.

- If you were using Home, then you could get a discounted upgrade if you were upgrading from the immediately preceding release.  I'm not sure there was any discount for people moving up from 2 releases back.  But Home licenses do NOT include free upgrades to new releases even within the included 1 year of support -- and as you found, support for Home cannot be renewed beyond that initial year either, unlike the support for business-oriented versions. This is clearly differentiated on the page discussing the support options here.

Edited 1 January 2021 7:07 AM by jphughan
Keith Weisshar
Keith Weisshar
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)Proficient Member (356 reputation)
Do you have a release date for Reflect v8?
capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)Expert (791 reputation)
Keith Weisshar - 1 January 2021 10:55 AM
Do you have a release date for Reflect v8?

If Macrium remains true to form, there will be no announcement of a release date.  That seems to be the pattern for the last few new version releases.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5550
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)
Just putting out speculation here, it may be soon.  Whenever Macrium goes 2 or 3 months without an update, that generally means they're planning a bigger release.  Either something like the recent 7.2 to 7.3 or a full version revision integer.  And I believe it's been a month now since the last update.  Plus, I believe someone else posted here the last 2 new versions of Reflect were both released in a February.

Beardy
Beardy
Talented Member
Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)Talented Member (144 reputation)
jphughan - 1 January 2021 7:04 AM
...  I'm not sure there was any discount for people moving up from 2 releases back. 

Did when I purchased 7 upgrading from 5, far less than for users of 6, but I was honestly happy to get something :-)

Frank Esposito
Frank Esposito
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)
If anyone is running the free version (I do on my vm's)  there is an ad to buy it at a 20% discount plus a free upgrade to v8, so my guess is that v8 will released soon --- BTW is there 
any clue what would be part of V8?
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.7K reputation)
@fpefpe

Would this be what you're looking for?

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/

Frank Esposito
Frank Esposito
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)Proficient Member (275 reputation)
dbminter - 3 January 2021 7:56 PM
@fpefpe

Would this be what you're looking for?

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/

yes -- thx
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic