Macrium Reflect 8 Beta Tester

Author
Dypsis
Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am starting to think that there are not going to be any external Beta testers for version 8, unless some of you have already received a download password.

dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
It could be the beta period is actually closed.  It has been over a month since the last update.  If it extends to a 2nd or 3rd month, that's generally a sign that Reflect is due to for a major bump up.  Either a full integer up or a 10th version number up.  So, Macrium may not be accepting new beta testers because they're close to releasing the gold version of Reflect 8.

Again, I don't want to second guess what Macrium is doing, though.  Just pointing out the past trends.

Dypsis
Dypsis
Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)Junior Member (93 reputation)
dbminter - 12 January 2021 10:39 PM
It could be the beta period is actually closed.  It has been over a month since the last update.  If it extends to a 2nd or 3rd month, that's generally a sign that Reflect is due to for a major bump up.  Either a full integer up or a 10th version number up.  So, Macrium may not be accepting new beta testers because they're close to releasing the gold version of Reflect 8.

Again, I don't want to second guess what Macrium is doing, though.  Just pointing out the past trends.

I think you are correct, DB.
Time will tell.

Dypsis
Dypsis
Dark Mode looks nice. w00t

Thanks Nick. Smile

Reflect 8 is on its way...

Edited 19 January 2021 9:28 PM by Dypsis
mallux
mallux
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Is the v8 beta already feature complete? I wonder if there will be a change in the Destination Drive Discovery option?
Reflect v7 does't allow you to define a set of volumeids. You cannot assign more than one VolumeID to a backup-plan, which results in no destination rotation.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
^ Yes you can. I do this myself. After enabling volume ID discovery, go to a definition file and use the Alternative Locations feature to add multiple destinations, just as you can when using drive letters. The destinations will be displayed based on their currently assigned drive letter, but the definition file will record Volume IDs, which you can verify by reading the XML and by noticing that if you close Reflect and change the drive letter of one of your destinations, one of the entries in Alternative Locations will have changed.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search