Some questions inspired by a backup failure

Author
Patrick O'Keefe
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I take daily F&F backups to a NAS from 4 computers.  Occasionally I see the following kind of error
Destination:
    Backup Type:    Full
    File Name:    \\DS218_2\Puget-128498\Prog Data\FDD359880B1A4509-00-00.mrbak
        Attempting to connect to: '\\DS218_2\Puget-128498\Prog Data'
        Failure: User - Puget-128498 - Access is denied.
        Failure: User - No user - The network path was not found.
        Failure: User - anonymous - The network path was not found.

This backup ran without problem on the previous and following days so I know the credentials and authorities are not bad.  I suspect it is a timing problem.  It also sometimes takes a very long time - 20-25 seconds to get the administrative login page.  I suspect the NAS does not complete an SMB or HTTP connection until sleeping drives crank up.  If so, I suspect that that "Access is denied" is really a timeout.  If so, is there any way to increase the timeout?  Or is there a retry option I missed?

And speaking of retries, is there any way to eliminate the "No user" and "anonymous" attempts?  They are wasted effort since they will always fail.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search