Weekly Incremental running on Wrong Day??

Author
prossmango
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a weekly Incremental Backup definition below. It is supposed to be run on On Mondays and Tuesdays as as defined. Today is Sunday 12/06 and it is running and I am not sure why. I have another backup definition that uses the GFS format and that was supposed to run today under a different name but it did not run and has not run since 11/2720 according to the log. Below the definition I also show part of the lof.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
What version of Reflect are you running? If it’s 7.3, are you still using Windows Task Scheduler or did you switch to Macrium’s task scheduler? I encountered this behavior when using the former. My monthly Full would run on the day before it was supposed to AND on the correct day. It was a WTS bug, since WTS controls when the task fires. I haven’t seen that since I switched to using Macrium’s scheduler.
prossmango
prossmango
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
How do I use Macrium Task Scheduler.  I added the definition but had no Idea it was not the MACRIUM SCHEDULER.How do I switch it
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Go to Other Tasks > Edit Defaults > Schedule
prossmango
prossmango
jphughan - 6 December 2020 3:02 PM
What version of Reflect are you running? If it’s 7.3, are you still using Windows Task Scheduler or did you switch to Macrium’s task scheduler? I encountered this behavior when using the former. My monthly Full would run on the day before it was supposed to AND on the correct day. It was a WTS bug, since WTS controls when the task fires. I haven’t seen that since I switched to using Macrium’s scheduler.

JP..Thanks, I think I found out how.   Thanks for your help. I will see what happens today and tomorrow.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
I’d really delete that post with your screenshot that shows your license key here on a public forum....
dbminter
dbminter
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.3K reputation)
I was also going to ask if you were on the Windows Task Scheduler and try switching to the Macrium one, if you could.

The only issue I've found with MTS is the scheduled backup icons always hide themselves on scheduled execution, even when you unhide them at some point.

Edited 6 December 2020 9:51 PM by dbminter
prossmango
prossmango
jphughan - 6 December 2020 8:31 PM
I’d really delete that post with your screenshot that shows your license key here on a public forum....

Thanks..Someone deleted it. I missed that the key was posted.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search