Folder not found

Author
beluga
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I have created a sheduled Folder-backup. If I start the backup manualy, everything works fine. All source and destination folders are found by the programm. Only if the same backup is started by the sheduler, the source-folder can not be found. I have already changed the network device adress to the IP-Address. Manualy: fine, sheduled: not Found. What Im I doing wrong in this issue. Thanks a lot.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Manual backups run under the user account of the logged-on user and therefore have any access granted to that account and access to any authenticated network sessions open in your user session. Scheduled backups by default run under the SYSTEM account, which has no implicit network privileges and won’t have access to any authenticated network connections open in your user account.

If you’re running a backup where the SOURCE folder is on a remote network location, then you’ll need to make sure that the scheduled backup has the necessary access. If your own Windows account has access to the network location and it’s an administrator on your own system, you can set scheduled backups to run under your user account under Edit Defaults > Schedule. Note that if you ever change your Windows password, you’ll need to update the password in Reflect or backups will stop. Alternatively, you could create a new user account specifically meant for backups and give that account the necessary access to your network folder. If no user account on your system has network access because you have to enter some other credentials to access the folder, that’s more difficult to deal with. You’d need to use a script to open a connection to that network share before the backup ran, but that would require storing the password, likely in plaintext within the script.
beluga
beluga
New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)
Hi. Thank you very much. The logged on user has admin-rights. I have made the login-data to the admin-user. No success.
So I have changed the responsibility from the Macrium-sheduler to the Windows-sheduler. And it works fine.I am not shure if I got the logfile-infos as I got them by sheduling via Macrium.
But I am fine for now.
Thanks again

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (15K reputation)
Happy to help, and glad you're sorted!  Although it's an interesting find that switching to Windows Task Scheduler resolved this issue compared to using the Macrium Task Scheduler after specifying a non-SYSTEM user specified.  I wonder if that might be a bug or an inherent limitation.  Hopefully Macrium Support can weigh in on that.

Edited 5 December 2020 7:56 PM by jphughan
Andrew
Andrew
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)Macrium Representative (137 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Glad to hear your scheduled backups are working fine with the Windows Task Scheduler. However, to help us investigate why the Macrium Task Scheduler couldn't access the destination drive, could you please open a support ticket at https://www.macrium.com/support so we can collect some more information about your system?

Kind regards,

Andrew - Macrium Development

Next Webinar

beluga
beluga
Hi Andrew,
thank you very much for the post. Things are solved. I've got help from your support desk. I had to change some access setups in the shedule config.

Horst
Horst
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
I had the same problem. But also no access with the local admin account. I use a special account to access my shares.The solution is to use this account to which the share was connected. But if I would use two different accounts for shares, I would have a problem.
It would be useful to update the article in the knowledgebase:
https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Backup+aborted%21+-+Folder+not+found

Tags
Patrick O'Keefe
Patrick O'Keefe
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)Proficient Member (367 reputation)
jphughan - 5 December 2020 3:50 PM
 If you’re running a backup where the SOURCE folder is on a remote network location, then you’ll need to make sure that the scheduled backup has the necessary access.

A similar problem exists when a drive letter is mapped using the SUBST command.  That "drive would be available only to users who have issued the SUBST command.  (But there's probably no reason to use that mapped drive letter.  You could always back up the target of SUBST.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search