Destination Drive Discovery and XMLs

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Using v6.1b865

Instructions indicate how to save the option to use the GUID as opposed to the drive letter in the default options of Reflect.  Instructions also indicate that prior XML files must be updated and saved to change this option.  One thing is not clear to me.  When I edit an XML file I cannot find this option anywhere, including under the advanced properties section, in order to make this change.

My question:  When I wish to change this option either to or from GUID in an existing XML must I first change it in the default options settings then edit/save the XML so it pulls the new information from the changed default settings?  If so, wouldn't it be more logical to have the option available within the XML options itself?  Or am I perhaps missing something simplistic...  Maybe because I've only looked for this option when my backup destination is a network share or local internal disk drive (SATA) I can't see the difference yet?

Edited 14 October 2015 11:24 AM by Gork
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search