New To Macrium (Home), need some clarification/advice

Author
krashDH
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
jphughan - 1 December 2020 8:40 PM
The default location for XML files is a folder called "Reflect" inside your user profile's Documents folder.  Unless you have a specific reason for storing them elsewhere, I'd store them there.

So I would need to copy-paste them back into that folder, then re-import them to macrium
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)
Correct.  Then set up your schedules on the newly imported copies, then delete the originals from Reflect, choosing to also delete the underlying XML file and scheduled tasks associated with the old copies

krashDH
krashDH
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
jphughan - 1 December 2020 8:45 PM
Correct.  Then set up your schedules on the newly imported copies, then delete the originals from Reflect, choosing to also delete the underlying XML file and scheduled tasks associated with the old copies

Ok, moved to C drive, re-imported to Macrium, applied the schedule templates I had made earlier for each, deleted the original D XML files from Macrium backup def files, and deleted XML file folder that was on the D drive. Now the XML files reside in the Reflect folder on C drive. I think that covers it then
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (13K reputation)
As long as you don't have any orphaned scheduled tasks (you can check the Scheduled Backups tab for any items that might be under an old path for an XML file), then it sounds like you're all set. Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search