Cannot register for HelpMe customer self-service portal

Author
Lincoln Berkley
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, how did you overcome it?
I paid for a license to Reflect 7 on 24 June 2019.  Since that date, I have never been able to register for the Macrium customer self-service portal, that is, https://helpme.macrium.com/ ,
Macrium Support sends me an e-mail inviting me to register:

I click on the ACCEPT THE INVITATION button and a browser opens.  Or I copy the URL embedded in the ACCEPT THE INVITATION button and paste it into the URL field of any one of three browsers -- Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.  This browser then navigates to

a Webpage which asks me to fill in a password and repeat it.  I then click the Submit button.  But when I do so, I get an error message that says, "An error occurred.  Please try again after some time.":

Trying again after some time just results in the same error message.
I have tried passwords that include special characters and those that include only alphanumeric characters.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you overcome it?
Lee
Lee
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello,

Thank you for posting,

An invitation to the helpdesk has been sent to you, please check your email, if you find this email in your spam then please mark it as safe.

Once you receive the invitation you need to ensure that you have cookies enabled so that there are no issues on the website and you can register successfully, please see the following article for guidance on how to do this:-

https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/writer/writer-troubleshooting-tips/articles/how-can-i-enable-cookies-in-my-browser-26-11-2018-1#:~:text=Go%20to%20the%20Privacy%20tab,Click%20OK.

If after confirming you have enabled ALL cookies you still receive the same error when attempting to register for the helpdesk then please provide us with the invitation email by sending it to support@macrium.com for us to examine.

Kind regards,

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Lincoln Berkley
Lincoln Berkley
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Hi, Lee,

Thank you for your prompt reply.   I regret that I have not been so prompt in following up on your instructions.

Unfortunately, enabling all cookies in my browser and then accepting the invitation to join Macrium's Customer Self-Service Portal failed.  The error message displayed above the password registration dialog was the same as before.

I had received two invitations from Macrium to join the Customer Self-Service Portal on the same day, December 1st in my local timezone.  After enabling all cookies in the Google Chrome browser under Windows 10 Pro version 20H2, I then tried to accept the first invitation.  This failed.  So then I cleared all cookies in the Google Chrome browser under Apple OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and tried to accept the second invitation.  This also failed.  Please inform me if you need to know the versions of Chrome that I am running under those two operating systems.

I will send back, within one hour, both invitation e-mails to support@macrium.com for you to examine.

The Zoho.Com instructions on enabling browsers, to which you kindly gave me the URL, were written in 2018 and are, therefore, obsolete.  Below you should see a screenshot of where in Chrome's settings I enabled all cookies.

It disappoints me to discover that Paramount Software uses a helpdesk software from Zoho that requires the user, in order to register for the support ticket system, to permit the invasion of his or her privacy by storing and reading cookies.  Frankly, I feel Paramount should switch to a helpdesk software that does not invade the user's privacy and place the user under surveillance.

Finally, I send you, Lee, greetings of the holiday season and hope you are able to celebrate it with your family in a way that keeps safe your and their health.
Virginia McGovern
Virginia McGovern
Talented Member
Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)Talented Member (151 reputation)
Do you have any ad blocking/pop up blocking software/browser extension installed? This may be included in the browser. 
If so try disabling this.
Lee
Lee
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)Macrium Representative (215 reputation)
Hello Lincoln,

Thank you for posting,

We are in contact with Zoho so that they can examine the invitation and correct the issue surrounding your inability to register.

I will let you know once the issue has been resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Lee
Lee
Macrium Representative
Hello @Yáng Guǐzi 洋鬼子

We have responded to your ticket and sent you a private message on the Forum, please review these as soon as you can.

Kind regards,

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

cousinit99
cousinit99
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Lee - 17 December 2020 10:15 AM
Hello @Yáng Guǐzi 洋鬼子

We have responded to your ticket and sent you a private message on the Forum, please review these as soon as you can.

I am having the exact, same problem.  The browser is not blocking pop-ups or cookies!!!  So frustrating... Zoho = Garbage

What is the fix for this???
Edited 8 January 2021 9:34 PM by cousinit99
Lee
Lee
Macrium Representative
Hello @cousinit99

Thank you for posting,

An invitation to the helpdesk has been sent to you, please check your email, if you find this email in your spam then please mark it as safe.

If you still receive an error when attempting to register for the helpdesk then please provide us with the invitation email by sending it to support@macrium.com for us to examine.

Kind regards,

Macrium Support

Next Webinar

cousinit99
cousinit99
New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)New Member (20 reputation)
Lee - 11 January 2021 9:21 AM
Hello @cousinit99

Thank you for posting,

If you still receive an error when attempting to register for the helpdesk then please provide us with the invitation email by sending it to support@macrium.com for us to examine.

I just forwarded the invitation.  The error hasn't changed.  I've tried Firefox, Edge, and Chrome.
cousinit99
cousinit99
Lee - 11 January 2021 9:21 AM
Hello @cousinit99

Thank you for posting,

Fixed.  I used a plus sign in the email address, and apparently Zoho can't cope with that, even though plus (+) signs are 100% compliant with RFC 2822 when used in the local part of the address.  Like I said, Zoho = Garbage...
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search