Problem with Macrium Hanging Laptop during Rapid Delta Clone

Author
Dagar7
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Problem updating a cloned system copy today, that was cloned one day earlier on an USB 3 Toshiba 1 TB HDD from my ACER Aspire 5 A515-44-R2SA laptop with a 1 TB NVMe drive. Operating system is Windows 10 19042.662 and Macrium Reflect Home is 7.3.5365.
When the clone operation was finishing, and Explorer was trying to open “Local Disk (DSmile” the system froze with both Macrium and Explorer unresponsive. Turning off Macrium in Task Manager closed the screen, but the Task Bar Icons for Macrium and Explorer were both still active on the left side of the Task Bar. I had to power the system off. After rebooting the system, I reconnected the USB drive and it looked normal in Explorer and the computer had no problem accessing the drive in Explorer.
Using Macrium to look at Windows Event Viewer, I find VSS event 1248 at the start of the update cloning and at the end when it tried to complete, “Volume Shadow Copy Service warning: VSS was denied access to the root of volume as follows:
Date:    11/29/2020 2:24:29 PM
Type:    Warning
Event:    12348
Source:    VSS
Volume Shadow Copy Service warning: VSS was denied access to the root of volume \\?\Volume{a2e41221-219e-4c0a-ac06-6017bbc32b50}\. Denying administrators from accessing volume roots can cause many unexpected failures, and will prevent VSS from functioning properly. Check security on the volume, and try the operation again.
Operation:
 Removing auto-release shadow copies
 Loading provider
Context:
 Execution Context: System Provider

This same problem happened to me before on 10/24/2020 with the same Laptop, but a different USB HDD and the system was still on Windows 10 19041 (2004), while Macrium Reflect Home was on an earlier version.

I would appreciate any suggestions to fix this problem, possibly permissions or ownership settings?
thank you
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search