Boot Repair From Macrium Boot CD Not Working

Author
Jamil
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a Windows 10 Professional 1909 system that is updated as of early October 2020. Midway through the month, Microsoft released a cumulative update that causes failures for my workstation. The issue is that I have 6TB total disk space, and I installed UEFI for large partition support. Starting in 2020, Microsoft made changes to Windows 10 boot to make use of secure boot that is an optional feature of UEFI. My workstation supports UEFI but has no support whatsoever for secure boot. I believe Microsoft is attempting to make secure boot API calls that crashes my workstation immediately. I get stuck in an endless reboot loop that Microsoft is now not fixing.

I restored my October backup that is operational. Right after restore then login, Windows update again starts to destroy my boot. There is no way to recover from this. I attempted to use Macrium boot repair and am left with an error showing winboot.efi corruption blue screen at startup now. My boot in my backup is good. Can boot repair be fixed to properly repair a bad boot? Even Windows automatic repair cannot fix the damage caused by this bad Windows update. 
Edited 24 November 2020 4:53 PM by Jamil
Jamil
Jamil
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I mentioned that I run Ubuntu now. You may be wondering why I am attempting to restore my Windows 10 image now. I am doing this for two reasons:
1. To update my Macrium Boot CD to the latest version with driver support for my hardware.
2. I installed a new Soundblaster AE-7 sound card that I have not yet gotten working under Ubuntu. I want to at least hear it under Windows prior to returning to Ubuntu for more fix attempts.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search