WIN PE 10.0 (64 Bit) no network access

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just upgraded to build 879.  The same issue I described above when a network share has no un/pw is still apparent.
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
I've kind of been expecting to hear back from Macrium on the issue I've presented in this thread which is related to the op.  The same issue I reported is still apparent in build 887.  I also have an additional but related problem to add.

It used to be that when you booted to rescue media Reflect PE would already know where the saved image files are located and default to that location when starting a restore as long as it had access to the data present for the actual Reflect install.  I noticed that for me this was no longer the case.  I noticed there was a little error icon with a link to check load errors.  So I clicked the link and was met with the following:

Error opening directory: \\192.168.1.36\myshare\data\reflect\pc\
Error: The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

It seems to me that this error is occurring because when I click on the restore tab Reflect tries to find the known image data location which is on my network and is met with a problem since no username and password is entered.  The most disturbing change though, as I've noted previously in this thread, is that the network share I am accessing has requires no credentials at all to connect to it.  No username and no password.

Is this something Macrium is looking into, or is it just kind of a bug that Macrium expects users come to terms with on their own with no comment from Macrium?  It's been over a week since I posted on this particular network share issue.

Fwiw, other issues I have inquired about have received no reply for a few months.  Perhaps Macrium has simply made a decision not to address my posts about Reflect specifically?  Sorry, it is not my intention to come across as rude but something seems to have changed - I've not felt ignored like this in the past.  And especially not when reporting something which seems like a bug type of problem.

Edited 26 October 2015 2:59 PM by Gork
dabl
dabl
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
I'm seeing the same network share issues as Walt and Gork with Macrium 6.1.887 and WIN PE 10.0 vs WIN PE 5.0

Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Gork,

Perhaps Macrium has simply made a decision not to address my posts about Reflect specifically? 

Please accept my apologies we are certainly not ignoring you and your queries. We have been inundated with customer queries since the latest release, we may not have replied straight away but we do read the posts.Smile I'll personally investigate the issue you are having tomorrow and see if its reproducible.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

Edited 29 October 2015 2:25 PM by Stephen
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)
Hi Gork, 

I have been able to reproduce the network share issue and have raised a case with the development team.

I have also raised a case for the other issue you have found.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

Gork
Gork
Guru

Much appreciated.  It seems obvious to me the two issues are completely related.

Walt
Walt
Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)Junior Member (52 reputation)
Hi Stephen, 

an additional remark to my replies above::

When Win PE 10 start to open the folder this message comes up::

Error opening directory: \\NASxxx\yyyyyyyyyy\ccccccPC\vvvvvvvvv\
Error: The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

Error opening directory: \\NASxxx\yyyyyyyyyy\ccccccPC\wwwwwww\
Error: The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

My assumption is that this is due missing access or access rights to these network folders. When I attach them via the PE Explorer, which allows USER and PW to be entered, then there is no problem with access, backup and restore anymore. 

webb
webb
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
I am having the same problem using build 887 and WinPE 10.0. After I boot into WinPE, I look at the Network Config panel, and notice 2 things: 1) The IP address is not a local network address (i.e., 192.168.x.x), and my default gateway is blank instead of being filled in with the IP address of my router.  I get the same non-local IP address and lack of a default gateway address when I run ipconfig in a command prompt.

Requesting a DHCP refresh always fails.  When I fill in the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway to what it should be (and even if I enter real DNS servers manually into the right place, instead of the 255.255.255.255 they are set to) and then click "Apply," nothing happens. A ping from a different machine on the network does not reach the WinPE machine.

If I had to guess, I'd say WinPE is somehow failing to record the proper default gateway (which happens to be the DHCP server on my network as well.)

Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
An update has been released which addresses the network share issue in PE. Please could you all update and let me know if you are still experiencing an issue.

@webb have you read through this article?

Resolving network issues in Windows PE - http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Resolving+network+issues+in+Windows+PE

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

webb
webb
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
I was hopeful that build 909 would fix the issue, but no joy.  WinPE still has a non-local IP address (i.e., not 192.168.x.x), and it still gets my default gateway wrong (it had been blank, now it's 0.0.0.0.)  As the default gateway is my DHCP server, it's not getting a DHCP address, and the router doesn't know about the WinPE system, even if I put in the appropriate IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway--the router basically doesn't know the WinPE system is on the network. 

--Webb

P.S. Yes, I have read that article in the knowledge base.  I basically can't ping anything on my LAN from WinPE. I didn't try to map a network drive, but given that WinPE can't see anything on the network, I don't think it will be successful.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search