Exchange server 2013 restore of program files

Author
Dano
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there!

I had an issue with Windows updates trying to install CU23 for Exchange Server 2013 which was already installed and it ended up corrupting Exchange.

After spending a few hours trying to repair I decided I would simply restore the Exchange program files back to before the first failed install. I mounted the backup and then started the file copy but there were a number of files that just refused to copy. Sometimes dismounting and remounting the image would allow the file(s) in question to copy but there were a few that simply refused.

The error that it would give me was something along the lines of "the parameter is incorrect". I can't remember the exact message as I was a bit busy trying to get things done but it was something like that.

So I guess the questions are:
If I had done a full image restore would I have had the same issue? and why would I receive this error at all?

Thanks,

Dan

Beardy
Beardy
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)Proficient Member (257 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
That's one of "those" Windows errors there can be all sorts of things behind, but CHKDSK is always a good place to start with errors copying files, preferably with the /r switch if you've the time.  As to what might have happened with an image restore, it might have gone OK if something else was the cause & might also have been problematic if it's disk problems.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search