Missed Backup - Macrium Task Scheduler

Author
L. W. "Dan" Danz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Your kernel might have had its power handling abilities permanently changed by the 20H2 update.   Confirm by running this command from an elevated command prompt:  powercfg /a  
If the s3 sleep state is no long supported and s0 sleep state is the only state supported by your kernel, then you've been bit by something called Modern Standby (nee Connected Standby).   
It bit me on an HP Envy Laptop 17-xxxx.    I've been able to add back Wake Timers and hibernate to the power options via registry hacks, but the latest problem I'm having with that is that although MR wakes up and runs, it fails to attach to the network share.
More on this in this post. 

L. W. "Dan" Danz, Overland Park KS  

EPounce
EPounce
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
C:\Users\Eddie>powercfg /a
The following sleep states are available on this system:
  Standby (S3)
  Hibernate
  Hybrid Sleep

So not that particular problem but thank you for the pointer.
Eddie
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)Advanced Member (400 reputation)
Try switching back to Windows Task Scheduler and see if they awaken machine and run. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search