Moving to new PC

Author
sikm
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My old PC has died and I've just tried to install on my new one only to be told that the registration is already tied to the old PC.  I now know that I should have de-regisrered the old PC before I scrapped it. Unfortunately I didnt.
Is there another way to de- reg ster the old PC?
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (12K reputation)
Email licensing at macrium dot com and explain what happened.  They'll get you sorted. Smile

Edited 30 October 2020 5:34 AM by jphughan
sikm
sikm
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
jphughan - 30 October 2020 5:34 AM
Email licensing at macrium dot com and explain what happened.  They'll get you sorted. Smile

Cheers, I eventually managed to submit a ticket which - hopefully - will see the situation resolved.
Rootman
Rootman
Talented Member
Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)Talented Member (115 reputation)
sikm - 30 October 2020 5:43 AM

Cheers, I eventually managed to submit a ticket which - hopefully - will see the situation resolved.

They should, more than once I've had a PC die, or forgotten to unlicense MR before wiping the HDD and they've cooperated quickly and professionally.  

I can't tell you how many times MR has made it easy to recover from disasters and flubs.  It's one product I never hesitate to recommend.
capair45
capair45
Expert
Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)Expert (772 reputation)
I had read that simply moving the license to the new machine should work.  Obviously that didn't for the OP. 

Here is the official answer I received from Macrium Support: “You can try using the license but you are best off contacting us as there will likely be an installation record against the license which would prevent you from using it. You can contact us and we can look into releasing the license for you".

As the others have said, they will most likely work with you on this.

Windows 10 Home (20H2)
Macrium Reflect 7.3.5550
Windows Defender
Malwarebytes Premium 4.2.3

et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)Proficient Member (357 reputation)
It is worth remembering that if the old computer is still functioning that you can remove a license so it can be transferred to a replacement computer by following tutorial: https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW72/Removing+your+License+key+when+Upgrading+your+PC You can transfer a license to a replacement computer for legitimate upgrade and replacement purposes

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search