No notifications and... Is update check running?

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I recently reported some problems with missing scheduled backups and MIG/CBT being disabled.  I have discovered another issue - I don't know if it's somehow related to the other issues I've recently reported or not.

For the past several days I haven't see Win10 notifications from Reflect when scheduled backups run.  This is something, at least before 20 Oct when I started having these problems, I used to see every day when by backups started and finished.  Reflect is not listed in the Notifications & actions center in Windows.

I also noticed that the icon in the system tray showing that Reflect is checking for updates is missing.  But the more I think about it, the more I believe this icon only showed up when an update was available.  Is this correct?  If so, is there a way I can tell if the service that checks for new updates is properly running?  The GUI is set for it to be, but I want to be sure without having to wait until another update is available.  I'm concerned I'll miss an important update, perhaps overly so due to the other recent problems I've reported.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (4.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Gork - 28 October 2020 12:18 PM
I recently reported some problems with missing scheduled backups and MIG/CBT being disabled.  I have discovered another issue - I don't know if it's somehow related to the other issues I've recently reported or not.

For the past several days I haven't see Win10 notifications from Reflect when scheduled backups run.  This is something, at least before 20 Oct when I started having these problems, I used to see every day when by backups started and finished.  Reflect is not listed in the Notifications & actions center in Windows.

I also noticed that the icon in the system tray showing that Reflect is checking for updates is missing.  But the more I think about it, the more I believe this icon only showed up when an update was available.  Is this correct?  If so, is there a way I can tell if the service that checks for new updates is properly running?  The GUI is set for it to be, but I want to be sure without having to wait until another update is available.  I'm concerned I'll miss an important update, perhaps overly so due to the other recent problems I've reported.

Hi Gork

The update notification icon is only shown when updates are available. 

The notifications missing when scheduled backups are running is a bug. We have identified the cause and it will be resolved in the next update. In the meantime, if you double click 'C:\Program Files\Macrium\Common\ReflectMonitor.exe' in Windows Explorer, at any time after logging in to Windows, it will resolve the problem. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Oh thank goodness the lack of notifications is not related to the other stuff.

So I guess there is no way to tell if the service to check for updates is properly running.  I'll just babysit updates for awhile until I feel confident it's running as normal again.

Thank you.
Edited 28 October 2020 10:26 PM by Gork
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search