Warning that should be a failure

Author
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm delving into why a backup at a remote location failed, and at the moment it seems like drive failure is a possibility.  I'm seeing the same behavior that was just recently reported here by somebody else where Windows Explorer sees the target drive as NTFS and can browse its file system, while CHKDSK sees it as RAW, and only some files on the file system can actually be opened.  Formatting the drive failed, as did diskpart's "clean" command.

But my main reason for posting here is that Reflect's error handling didn't work as expected here.  First, I got two identical copies of the failure notification email, even though the job was only attempted once.  But second and much more importantly, the email was sent as a job failure, while Reflect's own Log tab classifies it as a warning.  See the attached PDFs (some portions redacted), one printed from the HTML file attached to the email I received, and the other printed from Reflect's Log tab.  And below I've added a screenshot from Consolidate.exe with the error I saw there trying to run that manually after the job failure.

Attachments
FromEmail.pdf (5 views, 91.00 KB)
FromReflectLogTab.pdf (3 views, 242.00 KB)
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
jphughan - 24 October 2020 3:39 AM
I'm delving into why a backup at a remote location failed, and at the moment it seems like drive failure is a possibility.  I'm seeing the same behavior that was just recently reported here by somebody else where Windows Explorer sees the target drive as NTFS and can browse its file system, while CHKDSK sees it as RAW, and only some files on the file system can actually be opened.  Formatting the drive failed, as did diskpart's "clean" command.

But my main reason for posting here is that Reflect's error handling didn't work as expected here.  First, I got two identical copies of the failure notification email, even though the job was only attempted once.  But second and much more importantly, the email was sent as a job failure, while Reflect's own Log tab classifies it as a warning.  See the attached PDFs (some portions redacted), one printed from the HTML file attached to the email I received, and the other printed from Reflect's Log tab.  And below I've added a screenshot from Consolidate.exe with the error I saw there trying to run that manually after the job failure.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This will be resolved in the next update. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search