Help! error code 0xc00000e a required device isn't connected or cant be accessed

Help! error code 0xc00000e a required device isn't connected or cant...
Author
lovelyjubbly
Talented Member
Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just cloned a Dell Latitude m2 sata ssd 250 GB to 1TB drive.

Clone seemed to go well but when I plugged in the new drive.

I get the attached error.

What to do now?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Is the new SSD also M.2 SATA rather than M.2 NVMe?  If it’s NVMe, you’d need to run ReDeploy. And run Fix Boot Problems if you haven’t already
lovelyjubbly
lovelyjubbly
Talented Member
Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)Talented Member (198 reputation)
Thanks jphughan,
The Original Dell Spec for the existing ssd shows its M.2 Sata:
"M.2 256GB SATA Class20 Solid State Drive"
I've attached a photo showing the actual unit, model L8H-256V2G -11
The replacement is the:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Crucial-MX500-Internal-Drives-CT1000MX500SSD4/dp/B0784SY515
The Dell Tag No is 7WBTVF2 which gives the following info:
400-AHCC : M.2 256GB SATA Class 20 Solid State Drive.

I'm thinking of cloning it with the Crucial Acronis Cloning Tool, what do you think?

Cheers, and as always, thanks for all your help Smile

Martin

lovelyjubbly
lovelyjubbly
Talented Member
I went ahead and used the Crucial Acronis Cloning Tool.

Worked perfectly.

That's the second time Reflect Cloning has failed on me.

The first time was with a Samsung Evo ssd upgrade, I had to use the Samsung Cloning Software there.

Bit concerning.

lovelyjubbly
lovelyjubbly
Talented Member
Forgot to add, when the Reflect Cloning had finished originally, I had the same sort of symptoms as below:

https://forum.macrium.com/39534/Cloning-a-HDD-went-to-100-and-hung-without-the-popup-message-saying-it-was-done

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Hmm, concerning indeed. If you don’t immediately need to use this system, given that you’ve had this problem twice I’d suggest opening a ticket with Macrium Support to give them a chance to see what may be going wrong. But I know sometimes leaving your system broken just to understand the problem isn’t practical when you’ve found a solution.
lovelyjubbly
lovelyjubbly
Talented Member
Hi jphughan,

I should clarify, the previous failure was on a different system.

But the symptoms I experienced on this system just after the clone were suspiciously similar to:

https://forum.macrium.com/39534/Cloning-a-HDD-went-to-100-and-hung-without-the-popup-message-saying-it-was-done

And yes the current system is in production so I can't mess about with it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search