Backup Aborted! - Error reading Image file ---How do debug this?

Author
Ken-backup
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Reflect is performing File Incremental Forever Backup and received this error "Backup Aborted! - Error Reading Image File".

How do I debug this error? What file had the error? Are there more detailed logs than the Log Tab in Reflect?

There are about 25 incremental backups in the backup set, so far. The number of incremental backups to keep is set in the definition at 32, so building a Full synthetic (consolidation?) hasn't started.

There is another computer running backups forever to the same backup drive that continues to work fine.

I am using site manager to check the status of the backups; but, all backups are defined locally in reflect on each machine.

Here is what I've tried so far:
a. I've run the incremental backup manually and get the same error
b. Tested the backup drive by transferring and reading large files and playing videos, all seem ok
c. Mounted some of the mrbak files in the set (Full and later incrementals)--all seem ok.
d. reboot

How do I debug this error?

Tnx

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Ken-backup - 23 October 2020 9:02 PM
Reflect is performing File Incremental Forever Backup and received this error "Backup Aborted! - Error Reading Image File".

How do I debug this error? What file had the error? Are there more detailed logs than the Log Tab in Reflect?

There are about 25 incremental backups in the backup set, so far. The number of incremental backups to keep is set in the definition at 32, so building a Full synthetic (consolidation?) hasn't started.

There is another computer running backups forever to the same backup drive that continues to work fine.

I am using site manager to check the status of the backups; but, all backups are defined locally in reflect on each machine.

Here is what I've tried so far:
a. I've run the incremental backup manually and get the same error
b. Tested the backup drive by transferring and reading large files and playing videos, all seem ok
c. Mounted some of the mrbak files in the set (Full and later incrementals)--all seem ok.
d. reboot

How do I debug this error?

Tnx

Thanks for posting.

Please can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look?
https://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore