Schedule a Back-Up with a "On Event" Option

Author
Mwyarm
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I would like to see the option offered in EaseUS Todo Backup and SynchBackFree which uses an "on event" scheduling option. This option allows the backup task to only begin when it detects that an external drive comes online. I back up my data content to an external hard drive in a docking station. When I turn it on in the evening I have to go into Macrium Reflect and launch the backup task. Scheduling by time does not always work as I may not be at my desk to turn it on and if I do launch the task to early it fails. 

The above is my primary request but also I would like to have the capability to schedule a task on dependent tasks with the above being one dependency and the second dependency is to select another backup task that must be completed a) in the last x days y hours,, b) in the last x days y hours with no errors, 
Thanks
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (11K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just FYI, Reflect very recently got updated to 7.3, which incorporated its own internal task scheduler, ending its reliance on Windows Task Scheduler. So that may have lain the groundwork for future enhancements of this nature.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search