Print Screen key does NOT work when Relfect main interface is opened.

Author
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
With the Reflect main interface open, Print Screen key does NOT work for me anymore. When the Reflect main interface is closed, Print Screen key resumes working. I updated to Reflect 7.3.5289 and restarted the PC.  I tried this again and it's repeatable on my end.

Can anyone else repeat this behavior?

I have my Windows 10 PC set up to run the Windows Snipping Tool when Print Screen is pressed.

Thanks!

phred
phred
Talented Member
Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)

dbminter - 17 October 2020 5:22 PM
With the Reflect main interface open, Print Screen key does NOT work for me anymore. When the Reflect main interface is closed, Print Screen key resumes working. I updated to Reflect 7.3.5289 and restarted the PC.  I tried this again and it's repeatable on my end.

Can anyone else repeat this behavior?

I have my Windows 10 PC set up to run the Windows Snipping Tool when Print Screen is pressed.

Thanks!

I can confirm there is an issue with the Print Screen key not doing what's expected when Reflect is open. I use ShareX for screen captures and it's bound to the Print Screen key. With Reflect open, Print Screen does nothing. With it closed it captures the screen.

EDIT: I failed to mention this occurs with v7.3.5289 Home.
Edited 17 October 2020 5:36 PM by phred
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)Macrium Hero (2.2K reputation)
Thanks for confirming for me it's not just a problem on my end.  Smile

Reflecting Mirror
Reflecting Mirror
Talented Member
Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)Talented Member (116 reputation)
It appears the issue is related to hotkey of the Print Screen key to another application being impacted by Reflect. I do not have my Print Screen key as a hotkey to another application.

I open Reflect, Print Screen works to show the entire desktop screen including the forefront Reflect application.

Also using ALT-Shift-Print Screen only captures the forefront Reflect GUI.

Strange that Reflect would be impacting the hotkey function of Print Screen.

I still take umbrage with Reflect's automatic hotkey assignment CTRL-ALT-M.

Edited 17 October 2020 7:56 PM by Reflecting Mirror
phred
phred
Talented Member
Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)Talented Member (102 reputation)

Reflecting Mirror - 17 October 2020 6:20 PM
It appears the issue is related to hotkey of the Print Screen key to another application being impacted by Reflect. I do not have my Print Screen key as a hotkey to another application.

I open Reflect, Print Screen works to show the entire desktop screen including the forefront Reflect application.

Also using ALT-Shift-Print Screen only captures the forefront Reflect GUI.

Strange that Reflect would be impacting the hotkey function of Print Screen.

I still take umbrage with Reflect's automatic hotkey assignment CTRl-ALT-M.

With Reflect open, ALT-SHFT-PrntScn opens up a window asking if I want to turn on high-contrast. Same thing with Reflect closed. I remapped the ShareX hotkey for 'select region' from PrntScn to CTRL-PrntScn and it works. So the issue is definitely related to the bare naked PrntScn hotkey. I can live with the work-around, and TBH, I don't often have the Reflect window open.

Edited 17 October 2020 7:12 PM by phred
dbminter
dbminter
Macrium Hero
I only encountered it because tech support asked for a screenshot for information from Reflect.  Tech support said there's a workaround.  Use the Windows Key + Shift + S to bring up the screen capture in Reflect instead of the Print Screen key.

I can't fathom, though, why Reflect's main interface would want to hijack the Print Screen key.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
dbminter - 17 October 2020 7:32 PM
I only encountered it because tech support asked for a screenshot for information from Reflect.  Tech support said there's a workaround.  Use the Windows Key + Shift + S to bring up the screen capture in Reflect instead of the Print Screen key.

I can't fathom, though, why Reflect's main interface would want to hijack the Print Screen key.

Thanks for posting. We've managed to reproduce this issue if the PrtScn key is set to open Screen Snipping. We'll fix it in the next update, but in the meantime Windows + Shift + S should work well.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

phred
phred
Talented Member

Nick - 20 October 2020 10:40 AM
Thanks for posting. We've managed to reproduce this issue if the PrtScn key is set to open Screen Snipping. We'll fix it in the next update, but in the meantime Windows + Shift + S should work well.

Thanks for acknowledging this bug, Nick. I assume you mean that if the PrtScn key is set to open -any- app, the issue occurs. I use Sharex and sometimes GreenShot and it occurs with both when they're mapped to PrtScn.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search