MRCBT Errors after updating to version 7.3

Author
ReneM
Talented Member
Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)Talented Member (123 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After I updated Macrium Reflect from version 7.2 to 7.3, I now get several MRCBT errors in the log file every time the scheduled daily image backup is performed.
Even after installing today of the new update 5289 I get these errors when backup is running.

These are not warnings, but errors - so of course I'm worried.

Thanks in advance for any help in resolving the issues.
JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)
Group: Moderators
ReneM - 17 October 2020 3:28 PM
After I updated Macrium Reflect from version 7.2 to 7.3, I now get several MRCBT errors in the log file every time the scheduled daily image backup is performed.
Even after installing today of the new update 5289 I get these errors when backup is running.

These are not warnings, but errors - so of course I'm worried.

Thanks in advance for any help in resolving the issues.

Hi @ReneM,

As per the description of the event, this error indicates that Reflect failed to query the tracking information from one of the devices.

While technically it is an error, it is not an unrecoverable error and should probably be changed to a Warning or Informational event. I will raise a developer ticket for this to be looked at.

Failure to query the tracking information will not result in data loss, so there is no need to worry unless Reflect reports a problem.

If you would like to open a support ticket at https://helpme.macrium.com (referencing this ticket), I will be happy to review any logs and provide a more comprehensive analysis.

Kind regards,

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

Uwe Dembski
Uwe Dembski
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Here too, since updating to the newest version those three errors are shown in windows event viewer. 

JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)Macrium Representative (346 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Uwe Dembski - 19 October 2020 4:04 PM
Here too, since updating to the newest version those three errors are shown in windows event viewer. 

Hi Uwe,

Please can you also open a support ticket at https://helpme.macrium.com (referencing this post)?

Kind regards,

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

Uwe Dembski
Uwe Dembski
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
JamieW - 20 October 2020 9:32 PM
Uwe Dembski - 19 October 2020 4:04 PM

Hi Uwe,

Please can you also open a support ticket at https://helpme.macrium.com (referencing this post)?

I would like to do so, but Macrium won´t let me.
I received the invitation link. Trying to register und entering the password, I always get "an error ocurred, please try again later"...
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello Uwe,

I have sent you a private message with further instructions.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Next Webinar

Uwe Dembski
Uwe Dembski
Support has sent me a solution via email. Thank you! It is the mrcbt-driver that is used in the next version. The errors are gone.
But now there is another problem. Since using ths new driver my GData-Firewall is not working properly any longer. 
Is it possible that this driver is not compatible to the GData-Firewall? I don´t know how to test this, but when i open the Gdata Firewall und go to the register "networks" the screen is flickering.

("Please find below a link to a new Macrium Reflect Changed Block Tracker driver (MRCBT) that changes event ID 13 – “IOCTL_MRCBT_QUERY_VOLUME_TRACKING_INFORMATION failed on device \Device\HarddiskVolume2 with status %1” from an Error event into a Warning event.
This event is generated when Reflect attempts to query the tracking information from the MRCBT device driver, but the tracking information is unavailable at that time. While technically an error, it is generated solely for the purposes of aiding our support staff in diagnosing related issues and can be safely be ignored unless accompanied by other MRCBT error Events.
Due to the limited impact of this change and the frequency of recent updates, we are not releasing a full Reflect update immediately, however this driver will be included in the next update.
Please download the relevant driver from the link below, replace the existing file in your C:\Windows\system32\drivers folder and restart Windows to apply the update.
Please can you confirm that this resolves the issue for you?")

Edited 23 October 2020 8:23 PM by Uwe Dembski
Uwe Dembski
Uwe Dembski
Problem solved. 
Macrium has nothing to do with the error in GData. It was the last programm-update from GData that was destroying its own firewall.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search